How to know when to Leave a Relationship - Top 12 Reasons to end an Unhappy Marriage or Love Affair
Reasons or Signs to Quit a Relationship
You have tried everything possible to save your relationship or marriage. You have even tried counseling and done everything in your capacity to keep your husband or boyfriend pleased. You are unhappy and miserable but still holding on to your relationship. Nothing is working well for you and you have no idea what to do about it. You are confused if you should stay in the marriage or say quits to the relationship. In such a case, how to know if leaving the relationship is the right thing to do or not?
The tips below may help in deciding if you should leave a relationship or when to leave a relationship.
Top 12 reasons why you should leave a Relationship
How do you know when it is time to say goodbye to a relationship? When is breaking up the best option for you? There are many signs that it is time to end a relationship. Giving below are Top 12 reasons why you should opt out of an unhappy marriage.
- You are emotionally abused and your emotional needs are not been met. You feel frustrated and unfulfilled. If any one of you is a control freak, abusive and dominating, it can only cause unhappiness or dissatisfaction to the other person.
- Your spouse has broken your trust more than once by resorting to cheating on you.
- You are not getting what you want from the relationship. You are forced to give up your aspirations and dreams. Relationships are like a two way street. Relationships revolve around two people who are willing to put in equal effort in every aspect of the relationship. If both the partners are not benefiting from each other, the relationship can be considered unhealthy.
- You are forced to keep a distance or totally cut off from your good friends or family.
- You have fallen out of love and do not have the same feelings you had for your spouse anymore.
- Spending time with your spouse, having sex with him or communicating with him does not excite you anymore. The passion and trust in the relationship is gone. You no longer like being around your partner and look for excuses to avoid him.
- If either you or your partner are in the habit of comparing the spouse with others or are constantly trying to change the partner, the relationship would be a disaster.
- You no longer feel good about yourself and have become insecure, withdrawn and depressed.
- The lifestyle and values of the couples do not match with that of each other. There is too much disputes and tension between the two of you.
- He is got addictions that he is not willing to let go like drugs, alcohol, stealing, gambling etc.
- Mutual respect has gone out of the relationship and even counseling has not helped.
- Your partner is not taking up his part of responsibilities seriously.
This may sound selfish but it would be the best decision to make if you are unhappy in marriage. If either or one person is not happy in the marriage try first to solve the problems and if that still could not help in saving the relationship, it is better to leave the relationship. Clinging on to such a marriage or relationship can only cause you misery and dissatisfaction. Breaking up is a hard thing to do but that may be the best decision to make.
There are many couples who enter into a relationship or are forced into the relationship even though there are signs of incompatibility only to have regrets or relationship problems later. A relationship is a partnership and it needs the efforts of both the partners to make it work.