- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
How to propose a girl? The most romantic and unique proposal ideas
So, It is time to pop the question and you don't have a clue on how to do it? Proposing to the girl of your dreams is a big deal! Actually too big to treat casually. It is a moment that you both will remember forever. So you wanna do it the right way. In this hub you can find some useful, romantic and unique tips to propose a girl.
Pay attention to the details
Keep in mind women always remember every single detail. She will remind herself of it countless times. What she was wearing, the weather, the hours, the place, everything. Therefore, it's important that you take time and make the effort to plan it so the details come out right. The matter doesn't only concerns the ring, since as beautiful it may be, it doesn't make the perfect propose. It's so much more than that. You're gonna have to plan, think deeply about it, and mainly, pay attention to the details to create the kind of fireworks that will leave a lasting glow on your lives together.
So before you start you need to think in several issues:
- Clothing: What are you planning to wear? a suit or something casual? Think about it and dress somehow differently.
- Place: It's probably the most important aspect. It's essential! It has to be an important place for the couple itself. Don't forget it can be a combination of places, for example, first a dinner in a restaurant and then a place with a gorgeous view.
- Date: Chose a date that matters for you two, either your anniversary or you can check when it's full moon and take her to a beach where you two can catch a sight of a beautiful moon view.
- Should you bring flowers? Absolutely. Girls love flowers. Buy a bouquet of the flowers she likes the most, or pick a red rose only. It's the symbol of love. Anything could be more romantic, she's going to love it.
- Budget: Despite the fact we don't like to talk about it, it's obviously a very important factor. You must not forget how much this is all gonna cost at the end. Make the right choices and organize your budget correctly, chose what you want to spend more money in.
How to chose the right ring?
The jewelry world is quite unknown for most men. Although we must not generalize, most guys do not understand why the choice of the engagement ring, happens to be so important for women.
Some men actually believe that, if the ring is big and showy, they will have more success with his fiancé but that doesn't always work.
Any woman likes to imagine that her fiancé not only knows her properly, as well as knows what suits her best. If you are able to surprise her on the first try, you will see that your work was worth it.
Once the investment is large and the expectations of the bride are high, take note of the following tips to help you making the right choice:
- Be aware of comments made by your fiancée about engagement rings. Surely you've heard some remarks about the engagement rings of her friends or have already crossed the street to watch the showcase of a jewelry shop. If you have missed these comments so far, from this moment you should take note of everything you hear and when you decide to buy or order the ring, apply your knowledge.
- Ask for advice on her best friend or her mother, who will certainly help you better than anyone else in this difficult task.
- After deciding what to do - whether to order a pre size ring or buy a ring already made - and choosing the basis of the ring - yellow or white gold, diamonds or not - set the budget you are able to spend and start searching.
Romantic and Unique Proposal Ideas
Now that you've chosen the ring and prepared the details, it's proposal time. Asking a person to marry you is one of the most important events in your life! You should always make sure that you make this moment truly memorable and special. I believe that a marriage proposal has to be romantic, creative, unique and memorable!
Empty Ring Box
This way of proposal appears in the film ‘Serendipity’. You prepare a set of boxes of decreasing sizes placed one inside another and give it to your girlfriend who will definitely expect an engagement ring inside. When she's opening the box, she only finds box after box until the last tiny box which is expected to carry the ring. However, she finds nothing! Then, you come to her with a ring and propose.
Memorable Video Proposal
Technology has changed our lifes and you can use that technology to create the perfect marriage proposal. Make a video of some of your best moments together. Your vacation videos, beautiful moments at parties, birthday videos, try to put together all these video snippets together using a video editing software. In case you have some beautiful pictures, incorporate these in the video as well. Incorporate some romantic audio tracks to be played along with the video. You can record your own voice and add a voice over to the video. At the end of the video – pop the question. To make this more interesting, plan a movie night and switch the movie DVD with the proposal DVD.
How about a really unusual way to propose? Writing your message in skywriting and having it fly high above everyone is one amazing way that your partner won't ever forget.
Contact a local skywriting company and plan to have them display your proposal on a clear afternoon while you're out. One idea... spend a Saturday afternoon at the beach (or a lake?) and arrange for the skywriting while you're there.
Have a plane fly a banner. Like the skywriting, you need to make sure you do this on a clear day. Plan a romantic outside date and they'll be pleasantly surprised when you ask what that banner says as the plane goes by.
On the Beach with Candlelights
This idea is extremely original and romantic and it's gonna need a lot dedication from you but it will be worth it. If you know a very calm beach, not so crowded and windless, than that may be the perfect place for your surprise.
Prepare lots of candles (bulk candles in steel cases such as votives). Place the candles on the sand to create the words "Will you marry me" in very big letters. Light them up in the evening and have someone watch over them to make sure they don't burn out. Take your girl there "for a walk". She will be surprised to see the words glowing in the dark. Ask her to marry you in front of the grand scene and hopefully she will say "yes"!
This idea is already very well spoken and not so original. However you can customize it and make it unique. Take her out for a nice dinner and to a movie. In the middle of the movie, arrange for the staff to stop the movie and announce that they are having technical difficulties and it would be appreciated if everyone remained seated. Then, have them role a slide show of photos of you two together playing "your song". At the end of the slide show have a video clip of you talking and saying how much she means to you, etc. Next, ask her to marry you. When she turns around to look at you present her with the ring.
Proposal Cut in Cornfield
Carve the words 'marry me' in a cornfield, then fly her over it. Or you could paint your proposal on a roof. You don't necessarily have to use paint, though it may be easiest to see from above. You could try using bricks to spell it out, chalk, or something else. Be creative!
There's plenty of unique and simple ways to propose your girl. Just, be creative and you'll be able to create a spectacular moment without even spending much money. For instance, you can make the special surprise at home. Here's an original idea:
While your girlfriend is asleep you get up and you lay a whole bunch of printed kisses and candles all around the living room. Then purposely make noises so she would come see what is going on, and in the middle of all the kisses and candles you appear on one knee, and told her that you wanted only to kiss her for the rest of his life.
You can also use different themes besides kisses. You can simply adorn the room, the living room, or any other room, with several candles and rose petals in heart shape, etc. They can be really original and romantic.
A romantic weekend
Finally, take her on a weekend to a beautiful place with a beach or a lake just the two of you. Go to a beautiful cottage by a lake, have a nice dinner by candlelight and then take a walk out on the dock. Then propose to her telling that she is the only woman in the world for you, the most beautiful woman and that you love her. Then put down on one knee and ask her to marry you. The surrounding is perfect!