- Gender and Relationships
How to treat a girl
As an older sister, I felt compelled a few years ago, once my little brother hit puberty, to offer some words of advice to him about girls.
I had figured out some things that some boys just don't get about girls, and, as my brother isn't always the most perceptive of people, I figured I might try to prevent any awkward situations with girls for my little bro.
If these sound like they were written in early high school, they were. I don't claim to be an expert in relationships, but I know my brother better than anyone, and I know how girls work, and I know that my brother is like a lot of boys in the world.
Many times, boys (and men) will complain that they don't know what women want... so here are some tips to give you a good start.
Do's and Don'ts of Girls
·Don't be an asshole. Which may be hard for you. Haha.
· Don't over-flirt; teasing too much or playing hard-to-get messes with her mind. And no, it's not funny, you sicko.
· Don't pick up the girl late.
· Don't pick up the girl too early. Half an hour is too early! Ten minutes is good.
· Don't talk about other girls in her presence!
· Don't make the girl call you! It's no fun and it makes it feel like you're not interested in her.
· Don't yawn or look at your watch. Ouch. I mean, it sounds like an obvious "No", but it happens QUITE a bit.
· Don't try too hard; it's like you're trying to be someone else and you're taking her for a stoop.
· Don't let her do ALL the talking, even though we know you're the more quiet guy.
· Don't put her over your friends all the time, because then you seem obsessive.
· Don't have nothing planned, unless if you're just hanging out. Be full of ideas or else you seem like you are identity-less.
· Don't be too pushy or arrogant; that is such a turn-off.
· Don't be too touchy-feely that you can't take your hands off her; it's cute to hold hands once in a while, but it's kind of creepy if you're attached to the hip.
· Don't get anything too expensive, because in your teen years, relationships aren't worth all that money.
· Don't pick anything really serious or deeply personal to start out a conversation or to get to know her, because we all know how badly it can turn out.
· Don't be too forward! Although girls love it when guys make the first move, being too bold can freak a girl out!
· Pick up the girl from her house
· Be courteous and have manners (redundant for a purpose): open car doors, pull out chairs, etc.
· Pay for her things when you take her out! Unless if she persistently refuses financial aid.
· Give her a compliment every once in a while... but only if you mean it, of course.
· Call her! It makes her feel special.
· Make conversation; don't be an inanimate blob and just sit there.
· Listen to what she's saying! Don't be like, "What" after she's told you her life story, which she'll do at some point.
· Be considerate to her when you're around your friends; it'll impress her that you can still be cool when you're with guys.
· Put some effort into your wardrobe.
· Give her random things, even if they're little; burn her a CD, find something cheap and make some connection to her with it
· Be spontaneous! Call her at an usual time, tell her what you like about her out of the blue. You're good at being random, I know.
· Laugh at things she's saying if she's funny. I mean, if she's really not funny, then she'll get the hint, but hearing laughter is good for a girl.
· Tell her she looks good! But not if she looks like crap or she might not believe you. Well, sometimes; it takes strategy...
· If you're at a dance, dance, fool! You know what I mean; even if you're bad, a girl will dig it if you're on the floor. Bust out the worm!
· Get in good with the family, even if it's just being friends. Trust can't hurt. Talk to the parents, play with younger sibs, etc.
· Try to say what you think a girl wants to hear. Don't make it a big lie, but if you can get away with it, be her hero. Thus, the "Does this make me look fat?" question.
· Practice unhooking a bra beforehand. Just kidding.
· BE YOURSELF! *corny* Because you have such a good sense of humor that shouldn't go to waste.
SPECIAL SECTION: Kissing 101
· You can kiss on a first date, but no make-out sessions! That just indicates a fling/short relationship, nothing really meaningful. Unless if that's what you want. A second date is good for making out.
· Don't be a wet kisser!
· Don't lick her teeth or anything weird like that. Unless if she's that type of girl.
· Don't attack her face!
· Don't kiss her if you have eaten anything that would smell bad to her. Nothing is worse than bad breath.
Somewhat Irrelevant Film
- How to Treat a Woman Like a Queen | eHow.com
How to Treat a Woman Like a Queen. Many men say that they treat their women like queens, but if you asked their counterparts, the response would not be the same. Learning how to treat a woman like a queen is a process that should be individualized, b
- How to Treat a Girl You Love | eHow.com
How to Treat a Girl You Love. Saying the words "I love you" can be meaningless if you are not following up what you're saying. Show through your actions that your girl means everything to you by treating her like the most beautiful and special girl i
- How to Treat a Girl Well: 16 steps - wikiHow
How to Treat a Girl Well. So, you want to know how to treat a girl well? Every girl is different, so not everything you do for one girl will necessarily flatter another. But there are some general things you can do to show a girl that you...
- How to Treat a Woman - wikiHow
How to Treat a Woman. When dealing with members of the opposite sex it is important to understand that their thought processes are not the same. When a woman communicates a problem to someone, she is generally looking for empathy. When a...