I Forgive You, Do You Forgive Me?
I received a message in the comment section of my hub: http://koffeeklatchgals.hubpages.com/hub/Forgiveness-Quotes-and-Sayings
I was intrigued by the thought of a positive, uplifting documentary which would give people a chance to forgive and be forgiven. So I decided to share this on a hub.
* * * * * * * *
A documentary special is being produced by Arnold Shapiro productions and the GMC. The documentary is called "I Forgive You" and is an uplifting special providing people with the opportunity to forgive someone who has hurt them or a loved one, physically, emotionally or financially.
The program will facilitate the healing of the person offering forgiveness with the person receiving the forgiveness and there will be a therapist with experience in mediating and healing who will be present to keep the process safe and positive.
If you are interested in being a part of the documentary special, please submit the following info to:
Brief story of what has happened to you
Contact number and E-Mail address
* * * * * * * *
- Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart. - Corrie Ten Boom
- Apologising does not always mean that you are wrong and the other person was right. It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego. - Unknown
- It takes a great deal of character strength to apologize quickly out of one's heart rather than out of pity. A person must possess himself and have a deep sense of security in
fundamental principles and values in order to genuinely apologize. - Stephan Covey
- You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well. - Lewis B. Smedes
- When you realize you've made a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it is still warm. - Dan Heist
- One of the secrets of a long and fruitful life is to forgive everybody everything before you go to bed. - Ann Landers
- It takes a strong person to say sorry, and an even stronger person to forgive. - Unknown
Why we need to forgive
Forgiving someone who has hurt you or done you wrong is the most difficult thing you will ever have to do. Whatever hurt has occurred may stay with you for your lifetime. Forgiving is not forgetting. However forgiving helps to release the power of the hurt and allows you to focus on the positive things in life.
When you focus on the hurt and ways of hurting the person back you allow yourself to be filled with hate and resentment. When you forgive someone you let go of all of that hurt and resentment. You allow yourself to move on and begin to heal and find peace. Forgiveness is a choice you make to let go of the wrong done to you and to no longer allow ourselves to be hurt by this.
Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself.
Why do we need to be forgiven?
When you have caused emotional damage to another many times you cause unbelievable pain and loss to yourself. The need to be forgiven becomes an almost overpowering need. You need to feel whole, you need to right the wrong.
How do you go about righting the wrong, stopping the pain you have caused? First and foremost you need to accept the responsibility of what you have done. Understand the damage and hurt you have inflicting upon another person.
You need to feel regret for the pain you have caused. You need to try to make amends for what you have done. Do whatever you can to right the wrong. You need to ask for forgiveness and make the choice to never repeat what you did. Last but not least you need to forgive yourself.
Understand this, because you go through these steps does not mean you will be forgiven. However, you will know in your heart that you have done what you could. If it is a sincere action you will be able to find a little peace in knowing that you have tried. You should be able to let it go and move on.
- The Power Of Adding Please Forgive Me When Saying I ...
We were surprised by some neighbor kids recently that were playing tennis and a wayward ball almost hit my husband. The young boy said I am sorry sir, please forgive me. Saying I am sorry to someone and really being sincere is hard for adults to do s
- Forgiveness and Letting Go
This article is about forgiveness and letting go. It discusses the wounds that happened to all of us and how to forgive. It also lists the benefits of forgiving.
- The Power of Forgiveness
I recently had the wonderful experience of forgiving my ex-husband once and for all for all of the horrible things he did to me during our marriage. I learned a lot from the experience and wish to share that experience with you!
- Forgiveness Boot Camp
You can do it!