- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Wedding Insurance Is a Must! Protect Your Assets!
Get Wedding Insurance: Protect Your Investment!
A wedding may be suddenly cancelled or postponed because of unforeseen circumstances like a death in the family or severe weather conditions. But there’s even more reason for you to get wedding insurance.
* Wedding insurance will cover the deposits that you made to your vendors/venues if your wedding should be postponed or canceled, which can add up to thousands of dollars. (It can also be upgraded to cover the total cost of your vendors/venues, should they sue you for loss of business in the event of cancelation.)
More Good News About Wedding Insurance!
* Wedding insurance also covers extras like wedding attire should it be damaged (What if somebody dumps a glass of red wine on your $2,000 gown?) and bridal gifts if they are damaged or stolen.
*It provides coverage to retake faulty wedding photographs.
* It provides liability coverage for weddings and receptions—and this is important. The hosts of the wedding must ask the ceremony/reception facilities the amount of liability insurance they carry. If it's not adequate, they need to buy additional insurance.
* And so much more!
Wedding Insurance: Cost Is Minimal! Get Some!
The cost for wedding insurance is minimal, normally a couple of hundred dollars or less for a basic policy.
Many companies offer wedding insurance including WedSafe; Fireman's Fund (the only company to offer “change of heart” protection); Traveler's Insurance; and Tycho Insurance.
TIPS & WARNINGS:
There is no downside to wedding insurance; however, it’s up to you to thoroughly research each company that provides it, the coverage they offer, and to make the determination as to which company has the most to offer you and the most protection for your wedding.
! Read the total policy before you purchase and the fine print. What you think may be covered may not be.
! All companies that provide wedding insurance, except for Fireman’s Fund, will NOT cover you should you get cold feet.