- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
It's Just Not Good Enough
Do you ever just have one of those days? "You're not doing that right." "That just doesn't cut it." "Are you stupid?" "You're an idiot."
C'mon, admit it, you do; we all do!
That day when everything we attempt turns to crap. Even worse is when you think and feel you are doing your very best and helping and no appreciation is shown or they tell you its not good enough.
I don't know about you, but I have those days quite often.
Why is it we have these days? Why, when we seem to be trying our hardest do people not notice or even put us down? Well, I have some theories; they may be wrong, that is why they are theories.
- It could be that the other person is having a bad day and you are closest in line to take their frustrations out on.
- Maybe they are of what you have or can do. jealous
- Maybe you are not doing your best, even though you think so.
- Maybe you are not "up to snuff" with your health; lack of vitamins or sleep or just not taking care of yourself physically.
- Maybe the other person is just "using" you.
These are just a few theories. These feelings can come from different people or situations. It could be home; your wife/husband or children. It could be work; your boss or co-workers. It could even be your church; your pastor or others who go to your church.
There are many factors.
People deal with these issues in many ways, both healthy and UN-healthy. Some have committed suicide and others have killed. Some just cry and weep. Other people might just run away and others may just shove the feelings into a deep spot inside that will come out eventually.
So how does this frog deal with it? Let's see.
- Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
- Our business in life is not to succeed, but to continue to fail in good spirits.
- Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
- Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.
- A man may fall many times, but he won’t be a failure until he says that someone pushed him.
Keep On Doing!
First and foremost, I Never Give Up!
I will pray and then get back on the horse. I keep doing what I think and feel is the best. Sometimes it means telling the person how I feel; sometimes I just shut up.
All of this comes from discernment. It comes from praying and reading the Bible. None of are good enough; we all put our pants/dresses on the same way. There is no man or woman that is "better" than the other.
I have found that many people who are putting you down are actually just seeing their own downfalls and are trying to make yours look worse. I found a quote once that really fits this whole scenario. This is it:
“Your idea of me is fabricated with materials you have borrowed from other people and from yourself. What you think of me depends on what you think of yourself. Perhaps you create your idea of me out of material you would like to eliminate from your own idea of yourself. Perhaps your idea of me is a reflection of what other people think of you. Perhaps what you think of me is simply what you think that I think of you.
You also may want to look in the mirror and see if you are treating others the way you don't want to be treated.
God put us all on this Earth to work together. Lets do just that.
Have a great day and tell someone today how great they are doing!
© G.L. Boudonck
© 2011 Greg Boudonck