Key Tips for Dating a Younger Man
Are You Considering Dating a Younger Man
The dating ground is shifting every other waking moment, especially in terms of the age-gap. Now more than ever, women are opting to date younger men, and vice versa. We read reports every day of famous women with their much younger boyfriends, even husbands. It's the new norm. The typical scenario is where women in their 40's to early 50's dating men in their 20's to 30's.
Of course, issues of compatibility, fertility, and waning looks do crop up in some of these kinds of pairings. These are minor challenges which a brave couple can easily handle without fear of prejudice.
Here are some of the reasons why you may want to go for a much younger man.
A Younger Man Comes With Less Baggage
A younger man in their 20's or 30's is still in their prime and has a zeal for life. He still has a fresh perspective on life and is not stuck in his ways. He is willing to try new things and his habits are not entrenched. It's much easier to negotiate to make positive changes if any, in a relationship.The rigidity is not there and you can easily chart your way forward based on aspects of life. Such as where you want to live, vacation and even when you want to eat and sleep.
Basically, all those critical issues that accompany any relationship between men and women. If you compare the same to an older man, it's much safer, knowing that they may not have much baggage.
Come to think of it; an older man is likely to be carrying issues of divorce, children, challenging and complicated history of relations with him. Trust issues could even crop up with such relationships.
Youth comes with more flexibility, which also brings an opportunity for the two of you to explore and enjoy the relationship.
More Fun and Life in the Bedroom
The truth is that as men age, their libido tends to decrease, some of them to alarming levels. A younger man, on the other hand, brings a new lease on life and excitement in the bedroom. Surprisingly for most women in their 40's, it’s a time of more sexual freedom, free from fear of pregnancy and other accompanying issues. Now it also means that your sexual compatibility is in fact at par. Such can be hardened glue that binds the two of you together.
Disadvantages of Dating a Younger Man
Irrespective of how exciting dating a man below your age bracket can be, there a few things that can be challenging. For instance, they may have very different goals in life in comparison to yours. The most likely scenarios could occur as follows:
They May Not Be Ready For Commitment
- A younger man may not fit in your plans for a long lasting and committed relationship if that’s what you are looking for. It’s because they are still excited about life and want to continue to meet as many new faces as possible. Again, they are most likely the life and soul of the party and want to experience life in its fullness before they think of ever settling down.
- Issues of compatibility can crop up, simply because you have had your time, and they are having theirs now. It's well and good if you are looking for fun, and not the serious stuff that comes with commitment.
- He may want kids, you may not! The challenge in such a pairing is that a younger man may want to have kids, while you would have already had yours. It’s an obvious deal-breaker, as neither of you would want to compromise. Therefore, it’s something you may uncomfortably need to discuss at the onset of the relationship.
- Resistance from Family and friends. While you and your significant other may find no problem at all in your relationship, other people may not be quite receptive. Most relatives and friends may not be so open that either of you is dating someone younger or older than them. They could do everything possible to tear the two of your apart, for reasons known only to them.
Essential Tips for Dating a Younger Man
The following are useful tips to help you navigate this area.
- You need to be aware, and readily accept the fact that you may not be able to share a lot of cultural preferences. Such could include their need to party, enjoy music, and movies, which you have outgrown. You can then negotiate around this topic so that there is a middle ground.
- Guys of whatever age have an absolute ego to protect and hate being treated like children, especially if you are in a romantic relationship. You are not his mother, so scale down any overbearing tendencies. Instead, consider him as an equal; this includes being on the his level and trying to see things from his perspective.
- Make open and honest communication your best policy. It consists of the fact that there are some things you may not be able to accomplish, including having children. Honesty works for the good of everyone and the younger your date is, the more comfortable and ready they can be to negotiate on any contentious issues.
There are so many good reasons as to why you should in fact date a younger man. It can be quite exciting as well as a confidence boost. It's even more so if you have had a share of your own emotional screw-ups in the past. There are so many cases where older women have found their perfect match in someone much younger than them, leading to happy, committed lives.
It's critical though, to know how best to navigate the obstacles that usually surround such kind of coupling. The best thing is that a younger man can be surprisingly receptive and open to negotiations. It means you can easily weather any problems that may try to get in the way of your relationship.
Ever Dated a Younger Person?
Have you ever dated someone younger than you?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Analiza