- Gender and Relationships
Libra and Virgo in a Lesbian Relationship
Are you a Libra who is in a relationship with a Virgo? Or maybe a Virgo dating a Libra but not sure if you want to take the next step? I am a Libra who is married to a Virgo. We have been together 2.5 years this month and I think I’ve learned almost everything there is to know about a Virgo, even if I don’t quite understand my wife as a person yet. (Lol) I love her very much, and usually, when I meet a Virgo, she has a Libra best friend, and vice versa. She is also my best friend, although I must admit that we have many “disagreements.”
The Libra Woman
Let me start off by saying that I do not believe in cusps. I believe that people born toward the beginning or end of another sign may possess traits of that sign, but you either are, or you aren’t. You are a Libra if you were born between September 23rd and October 23rd, although you may have some Virgo or Scorpio traits.
With that said, I am a Libra, born on the 14th of October. I used to say that I am a true Libra and that “we” are all alike, although, recently I’ve changed my mind because I have met many Libras over the past couple of years who are nothing like me, and vice versa. Some even “get on my nerves.” (Lol)
Let’s start off with the not so nice.
I’ve have read many different things about Libras, some of which I disagree with including that we are liars. I have lied in the past but who hasn’t. I don’t like to lie because it makes me feel bad, so I just don’t. Most of what I believe to be true include:
- Being careless about money (although, I make sure to pay my bills first)
- Libras do not care for being alone. When alone they can become tired and rely on the people around them to bring them up again. ( and the mood of the people around me usually set my mood.)
- Being “impatient” of routine, meaning we get bored with the same thing after a short while, including relationships and jobs;
- Being secretly self centered; likes to be the center of attention;
- Overly talkative;
- Being laid back; sometimes people list that being laid back as a problem because we just go with the flow, which brings me to the most important “not so nice” trait of all.
Libra’s are the most indecisive people and I honestly don’t make decisions unless I am alone, or the situation is of importance. Unless my mind was mad up before situation arose, I am usually ready to go with the flow. Although I usually don’t like last minute plans.
The Libra’s need to be fair and even handed greatly contribute to their lack of ability to make decisions. (WE JUST CANT HELP IT!) But don’t ever let the smile, carelessness or kindness of a Libra fool you. Although we are laid back and don’t let many things bother us, when SOMETHING does bother us, we can go from being and Angel to a Demon in the blink of an eye.
Now the good.
- Although Libras are careless with THEIR money, they are very good with OTHER people’s money.
- “They are the most civilized of all zodiac characters. It is said that Libras are often good looking. I guess it’s true in saying that Libras are shallow because I find the previous statement to be very untrue. (Lol- no offense to anyone.)
- Libras are master strategists and organizers.
- Libras are good problem solvers and are very understanding. It is also said that Libras are often able to get in touch with peoples feelings to and almost psychic ability. I believe this to be true for me but not everyone. I am almost positive that the Libra women who have tried to examine me have all failed. (whomp whomp) Although, I am pretty diplomatic. =)
- Many people will often say that Libras are unbalanced, but in my opinion they are just jealous. (Lol- jk) Libras are very balanced and even tempered. I believe that we are misunderstood, and the scales represents the balance that Libras continuously search for throughout their lives.
- We value beauty, nature, and believe in Justice and the “fairness of law.“ Libras are very tolerant and are always able to see everyone’s point of view, even if others are not able to see ours. This may not be true for all Libras and some tend to hold close the phrase “I know… but…”
As for me, I love being a Libra. I am all of what I have explained above. I am emotional in my relationship, I cry, I get angry, I love to laugh, I often talk a lot but am also a great listener, I am VERY indecisive, tolerant and diplomatic. Also, on the contrary to what most say about Libras, I am very energetic, spontaneous, outgoing, and intelligent, although I am a Design major. ;)
The Virgo Woman
You are a Virgo if you were born between August 23rd and September 22nd. You wouldn’t believe how many people I’ve asked about their sign who didn’t know. Only a few but I was surprised that even one person didn’t know. (Lol)
My wife was born on the 19th of September and although we have a lot in common, in my opinion she doesn’t have any Libra traits. I have met many Virgos in the past two years and they all share a lot of similarities as well as differences. Of course a persons personality is derived not only from their date of birth, but also from how they were raised and their life experience. Most of what I have read about Virgos seems to be true of my wife.
First the not so nice.
- Virgos are very critical. They are great at seeing all of your faults right away; although they do not take criticism well.
- They are also great at seeing all angles of a situation; the problem is that they focus on all of the small issues rather than the bigger picture.
- Virgos have a hard time admitting to their wrong doings.
- The dislike public displays of affection.
- Virgos are sensitive; although my wife would get mad before she shed a tear.
- Virgos seem to turn views of themselves onto other people. For instance, one would call you a drama queen when they are usually overly dramatic, and you aren’t really at all. (I have read that Virgos aren’t very dramatic, but I don’t believe this to be true.)
- Virgos are perfectionist. This could be a “not so nice” thing because perfect is never good enough. “They are such perfectionist that, if things go wrong, they are easily discouraged.”
- They have a habit of suppressing their “natural” kindness, which in the end will cause it to atrophy. This usually results in the Virgo being alone most of the time.
- Last, but not least, Virgos are the very opposite of dreamers. They prefer to live in the real world and are very pessimistic.
Now the good.
- Virgos are quick in their toes; although they overanalyze everything.
- They are very creative.
- They are shy, although I don’t know why this is listed as a good thing in most places.
- Virgos are very independent; they’d rather not have anyone else take care of them.
- They adjust easily to change.
- Virgos are usually elegant and intelligent.
- They are very loyal to their mate.
When searching for Virgo traits, you will find that there aren’t too many that sound appealing. They are mean, argumentative and overly obsessed with health and their physical appearance, BUT Virgos make up some of the worlds most talented people. My wife possess the traits explained above, and is the most talented person I have ever met. She is beautiful, funny and very intelligent. She is very sweet, and she has brought out the best in me so far.
In a Relationship
The Virgo is not romantic, rather a realist. She is not unwilling to discuss her innermost feelings. Libras are complete when spending time with their significant other. The Libra is focused on harmony and piece and is very romantic. She love’s attention and would rather be sought after than to seek. For the Libra, a relationship is more than just a coupling, it is a unity where two people will go through life as one. As for the Virgo, a relationship is more of a partnership. The Libra tends to look elsewhere when she is not satisfied with her partner. Virgo tends to be very cold to her partner if things don’t seem to be working out. The bad thing about that is something horrible is likely to happen if the two are not satisfied with each other, and stay together.
“The Libra wants to do the best that she can at work, home and in her relationship. She has a rap for never sugar coating words. She will tell it like it is and if you can’t handle that then she'll show you the door. She’s really a sweet girl who just wants to love and be loved, however she is often misunderstood. “http://www.lesfemmescafe.com/libra3.html
“The Virgo may come off as cold but this is more to protect her sensitive heart. She is attracted to those who are strong and in control. She will only reveal her true self to those she deems worthy of trusting. She doesn’t like it when people are down on themselves. So if you want to be with this girl, show her you can handle constructive criticism."http://www.lesfemmescafe.com/virgo3.html
So, here it goes. The Libra and Virgo are the exact opposite and are therefore seen as incompatible. Although, they may be able to teach each other a few things if they are both open minded. The phrase “opposites attract” may be true but it is said that they will not last.
- The Libra is lighthearted and outgoing, while the Virgo criticizes the Libra and makes her feel unloved.
- The Libra is very tolerating and accepting when it comes to her partners short comings or failings, while the Virgo is very judgmental and conditional.
- The Libras indecisiveness with bother Virgo…a lot. But the Libra strives to be fair and will analyze every aspect of a situation before making a decision.
- Libras are easy going while Virgos are very picky and worry too much.
- Virgos are argumentative while Libras try to avoid conflict.
- Virgos are materialistic while Libras will not be a slave to fashion, although, both Libra and Virgo have good taste.
- In an effort to avoid conflict, the Libra will often allow claims against herself to settle and argument, rather than to drive a bad situation.
As I said before, my wife and I have been together for 2.5 years. I talk too much for her, my indecisiveness makes her mad, I always want to solve our problems while she doesn’t like to discuss feelings, she is very critical of me and most of the time very self centered. I don’t like to share but I want everything she has, although I would give her anything. We have had more than our share of conflicts, disappointments, and times of being unsure about the relationship. I must admit that sometimes I do not stay clear of conflict when I know that I am causing it, but for the most part I am happy when my surroundings are happy. Although my wife and I are very different, we have a lot in common. We are both very funny and love to laugh. We are both artistic and love art. We both have great taste and love to workout, and although we have had enough disagreements for a billion couples, we love each other and are willing to see past our differences so that we may be happy…together. She is my best friend and we do everything together.
A piece of advice to everyone: experience is the best way to learn. I have met plenty of couples who have said that they are supposed to be incompatible and are very happy with each other after many years. So check her out for yourself, and see how it you two interact before you pass.