- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Lime and white wedding ideas: wedding color themes
I often mention the things that I am reminded of for certain wedding color combinations as I have done sometimes in this wedding colors hub series. For example, I had to reiterate how much the emotion of happiness is evoked with the color yellow in my Black, White & Yellow Wedding Ideas hub.
Here is what I think of when I see lime green or the color of very green grass and white combined. I think of a fresh and clean start which is a wonderful feeling to have on your wedding day as you and your spouse embark on your new life journey together.
The color green means so many things to so many people in so many cultures. (Maybe I'll write a separate hub about that.) Some of those things are quite negative and subsequently, having green in their wedding theme is not for everyone. I however am not at all against it. To me and to many others I am sure it is just another one of God's beautiful colors, the color of leaves and grass. That bright green, lime green also evokes a sense of freedom and openness. It is truly a breath of fresh air. You feel that sense of freedom beyond constraints. Lime green would be great for an indoor OR an outdoor wedding reception.
The symbolism of the color also goes hand in hand with 'going green' or ecofriendly weddings that strive to "reduce, reuse and recycle".
If you have chosen lime and white as your wedding colors, here are some ideas for you.
Tried and True Weddings
Dream Group Planners
Just a few of the the items for you to think about when planning your wedding - a checklist of sorts
Marriage Prep, Wedding Vows
Groom and Groomsmen Attire
Overall Wedding Theme
Wedding Reception Centerpieces
Wedding Programs, Wedding Favors
Bridesmaid Dresses, Bouquets
and the list goes on
1. This beautiful wedding cake is lime, white AND black and is available at Bayshore Cakes for $550.
1. Bayshore cakes
Wedding cakes for a lime and white wedding color theme
2. While fondant makes a wedding cake look incredibly neat and beautiful. Many people do not like the taste of it.
If you are one of those people, rolled buttercream is an alternative as stated by Rochelle of Colorado Springs, the blogger and cake decorator who made this cake below with rolled buttercream.
This cake is unique, super bright and daring. You will really be emphasizing your lime green wedding color theme with this bold choice. The wedding cake is always a focal point and eye catcher at a wedding reception. This one will be sure to be a conversation piece for wedding guests.
2. "Shocking Lime Wedding Cake" - rolled buttercream as an alternative to fondant
3. Below are my favorite wedding invitations for the lime and white wedding color theme. These wedding invitations are featured at Wedding Paper Divas. They cost around $1.70 each invitation on average.
3. Lime and white wedding invitations
4. Below are a couple of lime bridesmaid dress choices.
4. Lime bridesmaid dresses
All the best wishes to you as you plan your wedding with the lime and white wedding color theme!