Loneliness quotes and poems: Messages for the lonely, sad and alone
Quotes, messages and poems on loneliness: From sad quotes that reek heartbreak to messages that shower hope on the lonely, this is an original collection that subtly hits the feelings of loneliness, depression, sadness and the hollow feeling of being alone. Find hope, find solace, seek solitude, draw inspiration, gain motivation and embrace the humble side of being alone.
1) People who are alone are often not lonely and people who are lonely are often not alone. Which one are you?
2) Embrace wind, fire, water, air and earth and you can never be lonely.
3) The feeling of loneliness is like a termite. It eats you from within and the damage is already done before the termite shows its ugly face.
4) Loneliness is a good thing in sporadic doses. It makes you realize the worth of the people who truly love you.
5) There is a reason they say that balance is the key in life. If you walk too ahead of people, you can get lonely. If you walk too far behind, you can get lonely.
6) If you are lonely, write
If you are lonely, take a bite
If you are alone, read a book
If you are bored, go to the kitchen and cook
If you are lonely, watch TV
If you are tired, read a joke silly
If you are alone, there is so much you can do
To bid solitude adieu
And to keep depression at bay
Stop feeling lonely today
7) The biggest and most chaotic metropolises of the world often house the loneliest of people in the world.
8) If you are the only one who turns up for a lecture in class, you are alone. If you are the only one didn't know that there was no lecture, you are lonely.
9) You can chose to be alone but you can never chose not to be lonely.
10) If love was human, loneliness would be the devil.
11) Loneliness has an untainted charm of its own which awaits to unfold itself when the soul is in solitude.
12) Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Pinterest may not always be the solution to loneliness. If fact, they may be the very reason.
13) Lonely by choice?
Or lonely by chance?
Is your mood to rejoice?
Or sit depressed in a trance?
Make a move
There are dreams to see
Get into the groove
Or you will lonely, forever be
14) Loneliness is the reason why the best of melodies are created and the deepest of words are written.
15) The worst part about loneliness is that you can be lonely even when you are not alone.
16) Loneliness is a disease that has no medication except love.
17) When you are alone you may think you are lonely, but you are actually becoming a stronger person.
18) The feeling of loneliness can destroy you, weaken you, make you indifferent, harass you or build your character. It is all a matter of choice.
19) Time heals loneliness, or does it? Only time will tell.
20) Loneliness stays with us whether we know it or not. We are born with it and we die with it.
21) Music, pets and love and poetry are the permanents balms of being lonely.
22) The stars may look a little brighter
The sun may shine more
The sky may look a bit clearer
Even if this may sound like a bore
When you are alone
Try seeing things with a refreshed view
You may start healing on your own
After all, even loneliness often has a beautiful hue
23) Loneliness is like quicksand. The harder you try to get out of it, the deeper you fall into its turmoil.
24) Imagine falling into a bottomless well. You know death is eminent but you just keep falling. That's loneliness.
25) Loneliness is a vacuum that has the power to make you feel alone while standing in the middle of Times Square.
26) Being alone is a choice of the mind, being lonely is the compromise of the heart.
27) Ironically, loneliness is similar to love. It sees no race, color, caste, creed or religion. It just hits you when it wants to.
28) Loneliness is not a disease
It is something you can tackle with ease
If you are agile, it will be a breeze
Don't let loneliness, give your life many a crease
Treat life as a memory and say cheese
29) Loneliness is the feeling that can bring the strongest of men to their feet. It makes you vulnerable and weak from the core.
30) What's the point of sharing a few drinks with friends when you are going to walk back home all alone?
31) The harder you try to beat loneliness, the faster it gets to you. Embrace it and cherish it until you are forced to drive it away.
32) Loneliness is cruel. It hurts you deep inside and when you think that it can't get any worse, it gets way worse.
33) It is better to be lonely by yourself rather than being lonely amongst fake friends.
34) Love is the only fire than can burn down the high walls of loneliness.
35) Loneliness strikes with calm and subdued agony but makes the heart bleed the most.
36) Companionship is the only life-jacket that can save you from drowning in your own pool of misery during loneliness.
37) Loneliness drives people to extremes. It can make you too deep or too shallow.
38) Listen to the sound of your heart beat
Thinks about your losses and feats
Hear your own breath
Recall your secrets well kept
Speak to your conscience clearly
Embrace your inner self dearly
Think about the people you love
Of everything else, put them above
These principles you need to follow only
Never again will you be lonely
39) The song of loneliness is bitter, sweet and lingering. It will stay with you for the rest of your life.
40) Loneliness is nothing but a fickle figment of the wavering mind.
41) Darkness makes us appreciate light and a little bit of loneliness helps us understand the value of companionship.
42) If you can live in your own company, you have the capacity to survive anywhere in the world.
43) Loneliness has two facets. If you look at it from the front it is full of despair. But once you turn it around it only shows resilience and strong will power.
44) Loneliness is not a handicap, it is the sheer strength of mind.
45) Being lonely is God's way of saying that you are one of the few people in the world who has a strong character to live by yourself.
46) Wanderings, explorations, journeys – these are the great products of loneliness. Then how can loneliness be a bad thing?
47) Being alone is tough
On some people it could be rough
Being by oneself can be depressing
An important issue this is addressing
Of this there is a sunny side
That I want to confide
You can make loneliness fun
By calling friends over by the ton
48) The more afraid you are of becoming lonely, the more you will have to face it in the eye.
49) Does fear precede loneliness or succeed it? Only a lonely person can tell.
50) Loneliness can be diluted with a little seasoning of friends and a drizzle of family. To get the perfect finish, sprinkle on some movies and swimming pool activities by the patio.