Looking for Romance? - Top Dating Sites
The Happy Couple
Singles Dating Sites
Top dating sites on the Internet has multiplied, with the annual income in the U.S. of $1,049 Billion. There are 54 million single people in the United Sites and 40 million have tried online dating at least once.There is an estimated 1,500 dating sites available. Dating sites exist around the world in many countries.
A few more interesting facts include; the average time from meeting on a dating website until marriage is 18.5 months, while the average length of courtship for singles that met offline is 42 months.
Personality Profile - Big Five Personality Assessment
There are websites do their personality assessment using the Big Five Personality Assessment. Personality researches developed this test, as they believe there are 5 dimensional aspects of every personality. This theory has evolved over the past fifty years.
The five traits include the following characteristics:
- Extraversion - Some of the specific traits are being energetic, talkative and assertive.
- Agreeableness – This encompasses trust, kindness, sympathy, and affection.
- Conscientiousness – This trait concerns organization, thoroughness and careful planning.
- Neuroticism – The traits reflects emotional instability, anxiety, and moodiness.
- Openness – These traits include imagination, insight, and a broad range of interests
Types of Online Dating Sites
There are obviously numerous types of dating websites, with new ones appearing daily. General dating sites corner the bulk of the market place, and they offer immediately full access to their databases, such as Match.com, Lavalift.com and Friendfinder.com.
Other sites are geared for those adults looking for a more serious relationship, such as eHarmony.com, and Chemistry.com. These sites typically require a completed in-depth profile of your personality which can take 60-90 minutes to complete.
Some people try to meet people on Social Network sites, which are the best free dating sites, such as MySpace, Friendster, Lavalife and Orkut.
Niche dating sites are the newcomers, but more are appearing daily. Such sites as TrekPassions.com are an online dating site for those interested Star trek and Sci-Fi. Another new site is AnimalAttraction.com for pet lovers.
There are also Christian and Catholic sites, gay and lesbian sites, plus sites geared for seniors.
Lovely Senior Couple
Choosing a Top Dating Site
Top dating sites are more likely to have some safety checks in place, but there are virtually no laws that govern singles dating. Illinois is the only state attempting to pass a law that will require dating website to state whether or not they have run a background check on their members
Safety in Online Dating
There is a certain amount of danger, when you post your information on a dating website. First you want to use a reputable site, and it is safer to not give your home address and phone number, until you have met this person face to face. There are scammers, thieves, sexual predators, and men who drug and rape women out there, so extreme caution is important. Men must also use caution, as sometimes they fall prey to immigrant women who are trying to become a U. S. citizen by marrying one.
ABC’s Good Morning American did a show with some women that were victimized from dating websites. For instance, a woman reported meeting a man on a Christian dating website, who was dating 60 women for 25 different websites. This man pretended to be everything from a country music manger to a pentagon consultant. He stole thousands of dollars from his victims.
According to topdatingsites.com, these are the lamest profile clichés:
- “I enjoy long walks on the beach,” and your profile show you live in Oklahoma; no beach there.
- “I’m looking for by best friend.” Best friends are those we call after the date to tell them all the details.
- “I’m comfortable in jeans and a T-shirt, or an evening gown/tuxedo.” Describe your versatility is a way that is not about clothing.
- “I can go fishing in the morning and to the opera at night.’
- “I’m brutally honest.” This might be translated as “I confuse honesty with a complete lack of tact or compassion.”
- “Not into games or drama.” This could mean I got hurt the last time around.
- “My kids come first.” Share something that is not common among 99.9% of parents.
- “Dance like no one is watching.”
- “I’m a free spirit.” Is this saying I can’t be bothered with personality responsibility or accountability?
- “I have eclectic taste.” The fairly often refers to a person who is a pretentious snob, who attempts to set themselves apart in a transparent way.
Guidelines When Choosing a Dating Site
- Carefully choose a legitimate dating website that has been in business for a few years.
- Always meet for the first time in a very public place.
- Certainly it is always important to trust your instincts, as they rarely steer us wrong.
- Without most personal information until you get to know the person, such as where you work and anything related to money.
No site can guarantee that each person’s profile is 100% legitimate.It is estimated that 81% of the members lie about their height, weight or age in their profiles. There are some dating websites, such as ChristianCrush.com that uses a video profile, which sounds like a very good idea. Viewing a video provides an opportunity to assess the member's education by the way sentences are phrased, their sense of humor or lack of, what the individual considers most important in their lives and it also provides an opportunity to observe their non-verbal communication.
Us at a Remote Cabin
More Interesting Facts
There are 86 single men to 100 single women, which gives men a slight advantage. Flattery is the best one to attract someone according to 51% of the people. On the dating websites, profiles with pictures get twice as many responses. Men and women are different in the time it takes for them to make a first impression. If you are a woman, you only have 15 minutes, but men have a little more time, as women typically take an hour to decide if they will have a second date. Email is the way 48% of breakups occur, which certainly speaks to today’s world. Just so men know, only 2% of men find a good relationship from a bar stool.
Lady Gaga Bad Romance Look
Experience with Online Dating Sites
What type of experience did you have using an online dating site?
Obviously, Internet dating sites are growing daily. When you are single, it is not always easy to meet someone that shares your beliefs and goals in life. On the dating sites there is a chance to view profiles and to find an individual that share some of your same interests. Life is certainly different now than it was 25 years ago, but if you are single using a legitimate dating site you might just meet the partner of your dreams.
© 2012 Pamela Oglesby