- Gender and Relationships»
- Advice & Tips for Men in Relationships
I NEED A MAN
I sound desperate right? No I am not! Well,…………
Is it just me, or is this a mantra that women all over the world repeat every day? Why is it that we women crave for men so much? Why is it that some of us think that we are not ‘whole’ or that our lives are empty if we do not have a man? What is it that a man possess that we want so much and cannot live without?
I sometimes try to fool myself by saying I do not need a man, all I need is a good job, good friends and have my children with me. But guess what? A good job, good friends or my children cannot fill that emptiness inside that only a lover can fill; they cannot keep me warm on a cold night ( I could cuddle with the kids, but it would not be the same); they cannot give me that “loving feeling” that I can get only from a special person.
Women need men for different reasons. Some of the reasons are:
· Financial security. Some women want a man who can provide for them financially. There are many successful, women who have their careers and make a lot of money. However, when it comes to dating, they only want men who are rich or make a good living. These men take care of all their financial needs.
· Companionship. Some women, especially older women, may want a man mainly as a companion. It is that state of being good friends who have connected with each other.
· Some want a father for their children. Some women want their children to have certain attributes, so they choose men whom they think possess those attributes.
· Love, wonderful love. Romance, great sex and wonderful gifts are all very important, but there is one thing that outweighs all of these because it simply takes care of a lot of different needs and dynamics .This is the one thing that most women want, and is the one thing that, if lacking, can cause relationship failures .That one thing is LOVE.
What do I need from a man? Love. Unconditional love. Full stop. When a man truly loves a woman then everything thing else will fall in place. Some men equate love with the giving of gifts and providing for the woman. That alone is not love for me. I love a man who likes to cuddle, play and kiss – not just when he wants sex – but other times, or I will feel neglected. Also someone who will listen to me when I have a problem, want to vent or just to talk. I want someone who is romantic, who is not too routine but believes in “trying new things” in the bedroom, in other words spontaneous! Someone who will make love, not just have sex. Communication is the key to a good relationship, so he must be a good communicator. If we can't have a good conversation about things besides finances, kids, jobs, household concerns, etc. life is going to be boring. He MUST be educated.
Am I alone is this quest? So what about you women out there, do you need a man too? If you do, then maybe we should join together and form the “lonely hearts club”.
So, er, is there any man out there?