Male Body Language
Male body language is more subtle than female body language so you really have to pay attention to pick up on it. Women tend to be more perceptive at reading body language so this works out.
Sign He's Flirting
Here are some signs that he is flirting based on his body language.
- Slightly risen eyebrows while looking at the women he is interested in. This may only last for a second. It is an unconscious indicator of interest.
- Genuine smiling and laughter
- Squinting when talking
- Touching, even "accidentally" bumping into someone. Touching is especially telling if he does not touch anyone but finds a way to touch you.
- Moving closer
- Open body language, facing the women he is interested in. No crossed arms.
- Mirroring the same body language. Studies have shown that if a man or woman mirrors behavior of the person they are speaking to the chance of bonding increases.
- Body pointing toward you.
- Preening, such as adjusting hair, tie, or clothing
- He finds ways to move closer in proximity to you.
- He enters your personal space. Most people consider three feet around them to be "personal space". Being closer than 3 feet along with other sides, can indicate interest.
- Leaning into the conversation to talk to you.
- Head tilting while talking
- Orienting towards you. As you are talking he will gradually turn his body and feet towards you if he is interested.
- Showing he is the "Alpha Male" by standing tall, spreading out with his arms on his hips or carving out his own space by spreading out his belongings.
- Direct eye contact that lasts for 3 seconds or more is a good sign.
- Repeated glances.
- Enlarged pupils.
- Frequent blinking.
- Eyes will be on you when you are talking, even if you are not talking to him.
Signs He's Not Interested
Here are some indications that he is not interested based on his body language.
Signs He's Not Into You
- Closed body language, crossed arms or turned away body.
- When you talk, he does not look at you.
- When you try to interact he does not reciprocate.
- He creates distance between the two of you.
- Looking at other girls.
- He pulls away when you try to touch him.
- Lack of eye contact
- Hiding hands
- Taping his fingers while your trying to talk to him.
Signs He's Stressed or Threatened In Social Situations
Signs that he may be feeling stressed or threatened can include:
- Lack of expression in the face can be a sign of stress or that the man feels threatened. Maybe he was flirting with a women and another man enters the picture. He could perceive this man as a threat and cease being animated.
- Tucked in chin like someone is about to punch him is a sign that he feeling threatened.
No matter what the body language it is best to compare it to his normal body language with other people, if at all possible. If you can compare how he behaves with you compares to other women, you can get an indication if he is treating you in a special way or not.
- Discovery Health: Male Body Language
Male body language flirting is usually less subtle. Visit Discovery Health to learn all about male body language flirting.
All dividers used in this hub are used with permission granted on hub, Creating Dividers to Use on Your Hubs. http://homesteadbound.hubpages.com/hub/Creating-Dividers-to-Use-on-Your-Hubs