Male Guide to Female Communication
Has your girlfriend, wife or just a good female friend asked you a question like “how does this make me look?” yes, we have all been there. Don’t panic. You are not alone. (The following list are the most popular answers gathered from multiple women and girls.)
The 10 NoNo’s
1. “You look really tired”
- Yes maybe we didn’t sleep a lot last night, but all women hear out of this sentence is “you don’t look good”. To us it’s kind of a big insult so try to stay away from that.
2. “Don’t take this the wrong way, but…”
- Well how ARE we supposed to take it? Do tell.
3. “You remind me of my mom”
- I’m sure your mother is a very sweet and respectable lady, and maybe that exactly the compliment you want to give, but then just tell us that we are also well respected. Your mother is a bit older than us..a lot actually, so it is inevitable we think that you’re telling us we look old. Just watch out for that one.
4. “That time of the month again?”
- Oh nono. Not a good thing to say. Really. We understand that we can be very moody once a month but do. not. mention it. We go through enough pain already and we do not need you to emphasise it.
5. “Your sister is so hot”
- We might agree with this, but you cannot. She is our sister. It’s as though you are saying she got all the good genes from the parents and we, not so much. Really try to stay away from this one. Call our sisters cute! Cute isn’t bad nor good, it’s just right for our sisters.
6. “You have a really pretty face”
- This one can come across as a little bad. Let’s look at this statement in some more detail shall we? We are glad you like our face but it seems as though you just like our face, and I mean literally JUST our face. Seems like you got to our neck and decided everything below that was irrelevant. You don't have to specify what exactly it is you like about us, just say we’re pretty!
7. “You’re still hungry?”
- Women eat. A lot. In the beginning we try not to eat a ton of food around you because we want to seem contained and well mannered. However, if we eat a lot around you it only means we are comfortable around you so please do not comment on it otherwise we lose that comfort.
8. “You ask a lot of questions”
- We probably wouldn't ask so many questions if you knew how to answer them and keep a conversation going. Do not make us ask all the questions when we are getting to know each other. Engage in the conversation and show your interests.
9. “It’s a guy thing. You wouldn’t understand”
- Try us. We might understand. After all, we are together with you for a reason and you should take the time to try and explain certain things you and your “bros” do. All we want is to just be included. That’s why we spend time with you in the first place.
10. “I’m not in the mood”
- You always need to be in the mood for your girl! Not being in the mood to us means that you are not interested and do not care. Even if it’s something little but if you, for example, set up plans for a brunch but stay up till around 3 and text your girl “I’m tired, not in the mood for brunch” that’s the biggest NONO of all time.