- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
It's all in fun...
1. A good portion of the male species lacks an all too important factor in their genetic make-up, and that would be COMPASSION! Why is it so difficult for some men to realize that other human beings have feelings too, they do not corner the market on emotions. Granted women tend to get a little (just a little) bit carried away when it comes to feelings and/or emotions, but…however strong or dull they may be…they exist in everyone.
2. There’s also that whole empathy/sympathy concept…basically falls into the same category as compassion. Why is it that no matter how many different ways you try to explain, to a man, what you are feeling or happen to be going through, you always find yourself looking directly into a blank (sort of like...deer staring into headlights!) look. It’s almost as if he’s hearing a person form a sentence for the first time. I sometimes get the impression that he’s thinking “maybe, just maybe, if I stay really still, she’ll forget I’m here.” In which case he’s usually right! That’s about the time that I’ve given up, grabbed my car keys and hit the road listening to really loud music.
3. How about the whole, let’s go hide in the man cave thing (in our case it’s a garage filled with things that have MOTORS) every time a woman wants to talk. In the majority of relationships, the male is much larger than the female. So, what is it about a woman opening her mouth to speak that scares these large, fierce, creatures so much that they have to literally hide?
4. Oh, and, here’s another one of my favorites…romance! Where does it go? How do you go from romantic, candle lit dinners to (and this literally just happened to me) having a man standing in the doorway, in his briefs, saying “hey, wanna do me?” SERIOUSLY???? Granted my pink nightgown with the black polka dots didn’t come off of the first page of Victoria’s Secret, but come on…would it hurt to maybe throw the word “love” in there somehow or some way? Why not just club me over the head and drag me in the room by the hair? Oh, that’s right; I forgot…that might not be construed as being consensual. In which case I would have to give him some credit for having thought that one through first.
So, just to clarify…because I’m sure I’ve just given everyone the impression that I’m a man hater….NOT THE CASE. This is just Wendi’s way of venting after having had a really bad day in which the male species was the major contributing factor to her misery.
Now, having said all of that, and “WOW” do I feel better now…I’m going to go grab that caveman of mine, if I can lure him out of the garage, and give him a well deserved kiss for “sort of” listening to me vent about how horrible my “male” boss was today!