Marriage Proposals:How to Propose Marriage
Convert A Stranger To A Friend…
The possibility that a chance meeting or encounter with a total stranger will move into a relationship that will thrive from friendship level to actual proposal for something more serious and enduring as marriage will be dependent on your gifts and talents. How you deploy them in what is called exchange of value must be learnt and mastered. Some gifts and talents are lovely smile, physical beauty, magnetic personality, generosity, humour, knowledge and intelligence, etc. “A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. (Prov.18:16).
The secrets taught in this chapter will guarantee that within 12 months you could find your life partner and get married as simple as ABC. Here I want to reiterate that your ability to convert a total stranger to an acquaintance and then to a friend is the foundation of getting married without pressure. To convert a stranger of the opposite sex to an acquaintance, please pay attention to the following:
1. INTRODUCTORY GREETING:
To meet a stranger’s acquaintance starts with a simple greeting of good morning, good afternoon, good evening and “hello” or “hi”. As simple as these may sound, a great majority of those trusting God for a life partner finds it very difficult to alter them to people they meet daily especially to strangers. It is either they are waiting for the other fellow to make the first move or they are just minding their business. In addition to taking the initiative to greet the stranger, you must go the extra mile to introduce yourself by your first name and with a smile on your face.
“Hello, good morning… my name is Tony, what is your name?”
That was simple, wasn’t it?
Practice it daily as you meet new faces in your office, business place, etc.; this is how to start a marital proposal. “A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly…” (Proverbs 18:24).
2. MIND YOUR CARRIAGE
This is how you comport yourself in the midst of others especially strangers you are meeting for the first time. First impression made on your first encounter with a stranger will determine whether the stranger becomes an acquaintance or the relationship is dead from the start. Take training on etiquette and how to relate with the opposite sex. For instance, a gentleman must not stretch out his hands first to shake a lady. When a lady stretches her hand, understand whether she wants a hand shake or wants you or kiss the hand. For a kiss her right hand is elevated almost as high as your chin and stretched straight towards you with palm curved inwards. For a hand shake, she will stretch her hand with palm open and raised to the normal handshake level. In any case take the hand gently and do the needful as a gentleman.
And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him. (1 Samuel 18:14)
3. LEAVE A MARK
As a matter of success strategy, you must make that first encounter with the stranger count. Be deliberate to leave an unforgettable good impression on the stranger as you prepare the grounds to secure a date for more friendly and intimate meetings. Make the first meeting short and exciting; long and boring first encounters leaves bad memory behind. Most strangers will love to have a second meeting with an exciting person; no one wants a second meeting that brings bad memories. Do not let the meeting end until you have exchanged call cards or phone numbers, face book ID, twitter handle, Skype ID, Hangout ID, etc. and agree on a possible NEXT meeting day.
4. START ADDING VALUE
At this level your relationship is still evolving; bring your gifts and talents to bear. No serious minded person will want to start a relationship with someone that cannot add value to his or her life. In the same light, no one will want to marry somebody whose nuisance value far outweighs his or her usefulness value. For a stranger to forget every other person he or she knew before your first encounter and start a serious relationship you must bring some great value to the table or the relationship may stagnate or terminate at mere friendship level. This is the proper time to do more evaluation to verify that your visual of the life partner bear reasonable semblance to the person you are now in a relationship with.
- Father, thank you for your daily mercies & provisions in Jesus Name
- Thank you for the privilege to be alive & to have you as my ally in these my heart desires for this year in Jesus Name
- Father, forgive me for all attempts in the past to fulfill my marriage heart desires by my power in Jesus name.(Prov.16:3)
- Father, heal me of every emotional wound left by broken relationships in the past; settle me with my life partner this year as in Jesus name.
- Father, by the power of the Holy Spirit, I return to sender every arrow of marital rejection targeted at me in Jesus name.
- This nonsense must stop; every evil reoccurrence of promise and fail delaying my heart desires, die in Jesus name.
- Lord, grant me wisdom and anoint me to do as the occasion demands to connect to my life partner this year in Jesus name.
- Power of frustration and discouragement working against my heart desire, expire by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Father, lift every evil household embargo on marital breakthrough in my family with my marriage testimony this year in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Arrow of wrong marital choice, backfire now in the name of Jesus.