Mind Games Men Play With Women
Understanding Why Men Play Mind Games Men With Women
When I truly like a man, I pursue him. I shamelessly go after him with every bit of energy I have and if I may tut my own horn, I always get my man. I know that I’m not the typical woman. I know that what I just admitted goes against every single dating rule in the book but then again, I was always that kid who colored outside the lines. I don’t believe in or follow any dating rules. My heart has got a mind of its own and when it comes to dating, all rules are kicked to the curb and whatever my heart desires, my heart gets.
Recently my heart decided it wanted a man so bad. He is a very successful, educated man who unfortunately loves to play mind games. He is the type- A kind of man who enjoys being pursued by a younger woman. He also has an ego that’s bigger than the Titanic.
I have a very negative view of mind games and the people who play them simply because I don’t play mind games. To me, playing mind games is a total turn off and a waste of energy. My interaction with this gentleman led me to exploring why men play mind games with women.
- They are emotionally immature. An emotionally secure man would never in a million years dream of playing mind games but a man who is dealing with emotional scars or baggage from the past is more likely to play mind games with the women he meets.
- Men need to feel superior. I think superiority is overrated but to most men with huge egos, there is a pressing need to feel superior so they resort to playing mind games. Men by nature like to feel in control and when they feel that control being stripped away, they actively engage every single tactic they know to get that control back and that means playing mind games.
- Men use mind games to tease women. If you’re well acquainted with a man, he may use mind games to tease you a bit and keep things in your relationship hot and spicy.
- Men often use mind games to gauge a woman’s interest in them. Its very childish but we are all afraid of rejection so a man will resort to mind games just to see if a woman is interested in him or not. Often times a man does this by pretending to be busy when a woman calls or texts him. This, in my opinion is the worst way to determine if a woman is interested in a man. I have seen this backfire so many times. I always recommend using the direct approach when trying to determine if a woman is interested in a man.
- Some men play mind games because they are jerks. There is no way to sugar coat this. There are two types of men – the good men and the jerks who simply get off on playing mind games with women. If you’re stuck with the latter, don’t even bother with trying to understand why he’s playing mind games with you. Just find yourself a good man who doesn’t play mind games.
That brings me back to the gentleman I was pursuing. Did I get him? Yes and no. I got his number and we had a good time a couple of times but his mind games wore me out. Turns out he plays mind games because he has way too much emotional baggage from previous relationships and I don’t feel like dealing with the backlash from these failed relationships.