STEP THREE: Find the Good Partner
Whoso findeth a wife findeth A GOOD THING… (Prov. 18:22, KJV, emphasis mine)
The heart desire of everyone seeking for a life (marriage) partner is to find a good one; what is popularly called MR RIGHT or MISS RIGHT in the circular world. When our young ones seeking life partners are asked the kind of person they want to spend the rest of their lives with, the common answer is always, “a God fearing man or woman”. What they are saying in essence is that they want a “good person” as their life partner. No human being is good; humans can only learn to do good as a way of life after they accept Jesus as their Lord and personal saviour and have Him as their role model.
God is the giver of every good and perfect gift and whenever God sees His children in unpalatable or bad situations, He intervenes. God saw that it was not good for man to be lonely and went ahead to remedy the situation; made man’s situation GOOD by making a beautiful and good help meet for Him, (Genesis 2:18).
In James 1:17, we read that “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights…To find that Mr or miss right, you must apply a God inspired, tested and proven procedure that worked for others in the past as follows:
1. IDENTIFICATION: You must know who you are seeking. This procedure must have been resolved during our session on envisioning the partner. You ought to have painted a picture of the profile of who will become your life partner.
The servant of father Abraham during this procedure said “And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master”. (Genesis 24:14)
2. LOCATION: You must know the best place to find who (the life partner) you are looking for. I believe in divine positioning; a good woman must be divinely and properly positioned to be located by the Mr right. The Mr Right must look for the Miss right in the exact and particular location that she could be found or visits often. May you not be looking for your life partner in the church when he or she is with you every day in your place of work or vice versa in Jesus name!
The servant of Abraham knew that the best location to find hard working, generous and virtuous spinsters in the east was by the well side where they frequent to fetch water for their households. He said, “Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water.”(Genesis 24:13)
3. TIMING: To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. (Ecclesiastes 3:1). You must know the proper time or when to make your first contact with the life partner. I also believe in divine timing and the ability of God to orchestrate events so that a man and woman destined to be together could make their first contact.
The servant of Abraham knew the best time that virtuous women do come to the well to fetch water for their households. “And he made his camels to kneel down without the city by a well of water at the time of the evening, even the time that women go out to draw water.”(Genesis 24:11)
4. PROOF: God encourages us to confirm every word and by implication our actions or decisions by the mouth of two or three witnesses. To do this, you will need a proof; you will need a preliminary proof that you have found the life partner you are looking for based on the picture of him or her you painted when you were envisioning the partner. When you compare verse 14 and verse 19 of Genesis chapter 24, you will see that the servant of Abraham got the preliminary proof he needed when Rebecca gave him water and personally volunteered to also give water to the camels with him.
It is estimated that one camel drinks 20 (100 litres) gallons of water; it will take a hard working and generous woman to offer to get 200 (2,000 litres) gallons of water from those hundreds of feet deep wells in the deserts of the east for ten camels.
5. PRAYER: House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD. (Proverbs 19:14)
Prayer is our channel of communication with God and the only way to let Him know of our need for the good life partner. God gives good life partner from heaven and we will have to ask for it in the place of prayer.
The first thing the servant of Abraham did after he was commissioned to get a wife for Isaac was to pray. “And he said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, I pray thee…Gen.24:12
- Father, thank you for your mercies & keeping me alive this 2015 in Jesus Name
- Thank you for the privilege to embark on this marriage/fruit of the womb project in Jesus Name
- Father, as you did for Adam, please help me find my life partner this year in Jesus name.
- This nonsense must stop, every evil eye monitoring and manipulating my heart desires, go blind in Jesus name.
- The beauty of marriage is the fruit of the womb, Holy Spirit, visit my womb with children this year by your mercy in Jesus name (Num.14:28)
- O Lord, arise and awake all those who will help me realize my dream of getting married this year in Jesus name (1Sam.10:26)
- Bullets/weapons of affliction fired into my marital dream, go back to sender now by fire in Jesus name (Isa.54:17)
- Forces of miscarriage assigned against my womb, wither and dry up now by fire in Jesus name (Job 3:16)
- Favour for marital success and testimonies, fall upon me now in Jesus name
- Arrows of premature death fired to truncate my heart desire, return to sender now in Jesus name
- O household enemies, preparing to attack my heart desire, wither and die by the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth (Micah7:6)
- O Lord, climax my friendly relationship into a proper marriage this year in Jesus name