Power of thoughts and using it in relationships
The power of thoughts is incredible. Thought power is the most potent form of energy because thought waves are cosmic waves penetrating all time and space. So, we need to be aware of what we think. We can choose to think as an optimist and have positive view on life or we can choose to think as a pessimist and have negative view on life.
When we think, we send out vibrations of a fine ethereal substance which are as real as the vibrations manifesting light, heat, electricity and magnetism. That these vibrations are not evident to our five senses does not prove that they do not exist. A powerful magnet will send out vibrations and exert a force to attract to itself a piece of steel weighing many pounds. We cannot see, taste, smell, hear or feel the mighty force. Likewise, these thought vibrations cannot be seen, tasted, smelled, heard or felt in an ordinary way. Many of us can testify that they have distinctly felt the thought vibrations of others both in the presence of the sender and at a distance.
We are sending out thoughts of varying intensity all the time, and are reaping the results of such thoughts. Our thought vibrations not only influence ourselves but influence others as well. They have a drawing power; they attract to us the thoughts of others, things, circumstances, people, "luck"--in accordance with the character of the thought uppermost in our minds.
Thoughts of Love will attract to us the Love of others—people, circumstances and surroundings in accordance with the thought.
Thoughts of anger, hate, envy, malice and jealousy will draw to us the same kind of thoughts emanating from the minds of others. We will be put into circumstances in which we will be called upon to manifest these vile thoughts and will receive them, in turn, from others.
A strong thought or a thought long continued will make us the center of attraction for the corresponding thought-waves of others in the same way as "Like attracts like" and “As ye sow, so shall ye reap”.
Using power of thoughts in relationships—
All of us form relationships in every stage of life. Even when in isolation, we form a relationship with ourselves. The relationships being the very foundation of life, they can make us happy or unhappy but, as a matter of fact, we can make an unhappy relationship a happy one by using the power of thought.
- A relationship involves two persons which are different in many ways. There is every possibility that differences will crop up resulting in fights, tiffs and ego clash. If in a relationship you are insulted or offended, you will react to it in equal terms, thereby escalating the already bad situation to a worse one. To prevent it from getting worse, you should first accept the fact that the other person has got offended intentionally or unintentionally because of your behavior and his reaction to your behavior has in turn offended you also. Once you realize this, you will not react further. With the realization, you will develop positive thought vibrations for the person and will start sending them to him. This will calm him down. You can send more positive vibrations to him by apologizing to him. What is very important is that the intensity of the vibrations should be strong. If your intention to resolve the issue is sincere and good, the thought vibrations will be proportionately strong, producing a good effect. This will heal the relationship fast. But if you want to maintain a good relationship in future with the same person, you will have to send more positive waves of vibration by not creating any wrong and unhealthy thoughts about him in future.
- Many times the hurt or offence is quite serious in a relationship so that it becomes quite sour for a long period. In such a situation, the person responsible for causing hurt or offence should accept the responsibility for it. This will create the positive thought vibrations for the person who has been hurt. Sometimes it becomes difficult to accept the responsibility. In such a situation, the responsible person should not send any negative vibrations by ruminating over the incidence. After a period, he will realize and accept his mistake if he is not creating any negative thoughts about the incidence. On realizing his mistake, he will apologize and discus the matter in order to resolve. The matter may not be easily resolved since the hurt is serious. If so, it will be better to give some time to resolve the matter but, in the meantime, neither of the individuals should send negative vibrations to the other by unnecessarily ruminating over the issue and talking about it with others. With lot of positive vibrations from both sides, a situation will be created when both individuals will try their best to resolve the issue. With the passage of time, when the intention is powerful, the issue will be resolved amicably.
- Sometimes in a marital relationship, there is a serious hurt caused by a partner, which persists for a long time. It takes time for the hurt to heal. Since both the partners are living together, the individual who has been hurt feels more offended due to their proximity. In such a situation, the person who is responsible for hurting the other should accept the responsibility for it. The acceptance will begin to create the positive thought waves to the other person and the hurt will start reducing. The person, who has caused the hurt, will send more positive waves of vibration by apologizing. This will promote further healing. But the feeling of being hurt continues for longer and both the partners stop conversing with each other as before. If this happens, none of the partners should create wrong thoughts and thus send wrong vibrations. Gradually, the situation will return to normal by sending positive thought vibrations.
- In some marital relationships, grave hurt is caused by the husband by his offensive habits like alcoholism or drug abuse, by infidelity or by domestic abuse. It is common that such individuals keep on repeating these grave offences in spite of having been pardoned many times by the wives. So, finally, a stage is reached when it becomes necessary to breakup the relationship. In such a situation, first the individual who has been hurt seriously should heal herself. The acceptance of the fact that the breakup is the only solution will start producing positivity in her. It is quite difficult to create positivity in such instances because an important relationship is going to end. The women can take the help of like-minded friends or relatives who are genuinely interested in her welfare. They may help her in becoming more positive. A professional counselor can also help her in restoring her positivity. Once she is positive herself, she will not send negative thought vibrations to her spouse and the matter of breakup will be resolved smoothly. After parting ways, she must try her best to stay positive by creating happy and positive thoughts. This will help her to move on life. She must make sure that she does not create any negative thoughts about her ex-husband because by do doing so, she will be causing pain to herself in the first place. By reliving the hurt of the past she will create new pain which will sap her confidence and deplete her energy. She must try her best to have positive thoughts which will shape her future. She will also hurt her ex-spouse by sending negative thought waves and will delay his riddance from bad habits.
- Here is another scenario in which there are two partners in a business and one of the partners cheats the other due to which he incurs a heavy financial loss. Their relations become so sour that the person who has sustained financial loss decides to breakup the partnership. The other partner is not willing to accept the offence. Therefore, their business is likely to suffer. In such a situation, both the partners should give more time to each other before a breakup. They should not create negative thoughts for each other, though it is very difficult to do so for the person who has been cheated. So, sometimes by not creating negative thought vibrations about each other, a realization may dawn on the partner that he has committed a grave offence of cheating the other. This may help to resolve the issue. In a worse scenario, the issue may not resolve and the breakup of the business partnership becomes inevitable. After a breakup, both the persons must ensure that they don’t harbor ill feeling about each other, though it is quite difficult. They should try to send positive thought vibration to each other whether they meet or not. By sending intense positive thought vibrations to each other, the partner, who had cheated, may realize his offence and, therefore, the issue may be resolved. Thus, both may be able to carry on their life without ill feelings.
Above are some of the situations which commonly arise in any relationship. In fact, any bad situation which arises in a relationship can be effectively managed with the creation of positive thought energy. If the intensity of the energy is strong, there will be quick resolution of the conflict. We should always remember that the energy of our thoughts will definitely influence our relationships and we can choose which thoughts to create.