- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
Questions to ask Yourselves Whether You Have Matured in a Relationship
Building Lasting Relationship
Relationships are likable to be slippery sometimes when someone becomes serious about it. Our foundation of satisfying and stable relationships tends to reflect our previous exposure to the bond that we had with our parents. The more loving experience we had with our parents and the more we observe a loving relationship between our parents, the more we come to a type of relationship that is workable when it is about time for us to enter into serious relationship.
Here are some questions that are helpful to ask ourselves whenever we are recalling a past experience related to our relationship.
The questions are actually a modification of the work of Dr. Grant Martin.
- - - -
1. Does the incident make you more skillful in living your life?
2. Does the experience help you be closer to other people?
3. Does it help you acquire more values that encourage and help others develop also?
4. Does it enable you to be more effective in your work?
5. Does it encourage you to love meaningfully?
6. Does is bring you to a closer relationship with God?
7. Does it permit you to value more the world around you?
8. Does it make you grow, change, and extend your abilities more?
9. Does it help you experience more joy and pleasure?
10. Does it allow you to make choices?
11. Does it allow you to control when you start and stop what you are doing?