Recognising Your Ideal Partner - 5 Signs That Someone Is Not Compatible With You
Ahhhhh love! When it’s new, it’s exciting. You feel like you’re walking on air. You daydream constantly. You can’t eat; you can’t sleep. All you can do is think about the object of your affection and count down the minutes until you are together again. If you’re lucky, these first feelings of excitement will grow into an enduring love that will withstand the test of time.
But what if it doesn’t? How will you know when it’s time to call it off? How do you know if someone is NOT good for you? The following signs will help you decide.
5 Signs Someone Is NOT Good For You
- Incompatible – Sometimes the person you are dating is really an awesome person. You can’t find anything wrong with them. One day they are going to be the perfect spouse for someone, just not for you. Incompatibility is not something that is extremely apparent in the beginning. It often takes time to figure out that you are not compatible with someone. And it may be tempting to overlook incompatibilities, but you shouldn’t. If you have any misgivings about someone in the beginning of the relationship, you should pay attention to them.
- Controlling Personality – If someone you have just begun to date exhibits a controlling or angry personality, you should stop dating them immediately. These traits only get worse and more intense as the relationship progresses.
- Selfish Tendencies – Everyone is selfish to a certain degree. However, if you find that you are always taking the back seat to your boyfriend’s or girlfriend’s desires, you should have a talk with them about it. If nothing changes, you might want to rethink the relationship. You need to choose a mate that will pursue your needs as well as their own.
- Dishonesty – If you learn that your significant other is lying to you, they are most definitely not the one for you. Even if there is a legitimate reason why the dishonesty occurred, the seeds of doubt have already been planted. You will have a hard time trusting them, and this will lead to problems later down the road.
- Disloyal – Cheating should never be tolerated in a relationship. But disloyalty comes in many other forms as well. An ideal mate will put your interests before all others and will not undermine you in any way, shape or form.
Always follow your intuition when deciding whether someone is the right or wrong person for you. Pay attention to how you feel. If a person makes you feel unsettled or makes you question yourself, there is probably something wrong. And don’t be afraid to make a decision based on how you feel. Sometimes you do not need solid evidence to make a decision. Your inner voice will steer you clear of heartache. But you have to pay attention to it in order for it to protect you.