- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
Why do Men cheat in Relationships
Cheating Men and Relationships
Like it or not men cheat. The percentage of men unfaithful to their wives is many folds than wives cheating on husbands. Whatever the case is men are less forgiving of their wife cheating than wives are about their cheating husbands. Overall, only about a third of marriages survive affairs as it is hard to forgive, redevelop trust and make the marriage more intimate and satisfying.
Reasons for cheating in Men are more physical whereas for woman it is more on the emotional side. Many women mistakenly believe the mistress must be more attractive than she which is not true in majority of cases. Given below are some reasons why Men may cheat on their women.
Why do Men cheat on their Women? Reasons for Infidelity
Men may cheat on their women because of the following reasons:-
- Sex: Sex is the most important reason to why men cheat on their spouses. It is possible for a man to have sex with a woman without having any emotional attachment to her whereas it is not very easy for a woman to do so. It is also said that men only need a place to have an affair whereas a woman needs a reason. Even if the man have a loving spouse who takes take of his every need physically a man may cheat on his wife if he gets an opportunity to do so. Moreover, the thought of sex can get majority of men excited so they may not leave the chance of getting another women to bed.
- Unhappy Marriage : An unhappy marriage may prompt many men to go for an affair.Many times men go behind other woman when they do not get all what they expect from their wives than putting on any effort to salvage the marriage. Rather than analyzing what went wrong in the relationship and making a commitment to work on it majority of men prefer to go for temporary quick fixes. Many times lack of communication in marriage leads a man to run into the arms of another woman than try solving the problem.
- Fragile Ego : Men have very fragile egos. When men are complimented by women other than their wives it is only natural for men to expect having a fling with the lady. Many Men cheat on their spouses to prove to themselves that they are still attractive to the opposite sex.
- Seeking Variety with No Commitment : Majority of men like variety when it comes to woman. The more the merrier is the outlook of majority of men who cheat on their spouses. If they find woman with whom they need not commit they jump into such relationships looking for some ‘fun’. No matter how good or faithful the spouse is many men tend to think that having one woman is not enough.
- To Fill the Void : Sometimes men may want more than what his spouse offers him on bed like kinkier sex, group sex, talking dirty or submissive sex for which he seeks another partner or partners to fulfill his needs more willingly than communicating to his wife. Men tend to be motivated by sex including new sex, forbidden sex, more sex and different sex.
- Family Background: The child of an adulterer is most likely to follow the footstep of his parent.
- Superiority Complex: Many men think they are superior to Woman and get away by doing anything they please including breaking the sacred marriage vows he took at the time of marriage and not caring about the feelings of his spouse. Majority of men are selfish and they try to get what they want and it does not matter who they hurt while doing so.
One thing Men must understand is that they are going to get caught at one point or the other. May be it may be the scent of another perfume, some fallen hairs, lipstick marks or different behavior than normal because women are smart, no offense meant. Many men have lost their money, property, health and wealth by opting for relationships outside marriage. But that still does not prevent them from doing it again. After all, Men are men!