Romantic Dates at Home Ideas for Married Couples
Romantic Dates at Home Ideas for Married Couples
Date at Home
It is interesting when you decide to go out with your spouse or partner to have a rollicking time at the theater, the restaurant where you first met, or at a hotel.
However, you can create that sort of romantic atmosphere in the home regularly, especially when you are short on cash, by generating romantic home date night ideas. After all, the most important thing about a date is the romantic atmosphere you can create, and the bonding you try to develop, and not where you have the date, or at what cost you have your date.
Kofi and Afua have been married for five years now. Their relationship is still strong. They attribute this to the fact that they have regular dates at home.
“At the beginning of the marriage, we discovered things were getting too routine, and the seduction and romance in the marriage was dying out. We discussed the issue and decided to have dates at home regularly. It brought back some excitement into the marriage. We are happy now with how things are going, and recommend it to other couples,” Kofi says.
You can decide to have a romantic date at home every Saturday evening, or every last Saturday evening of a month. Doing it regularly will help you to maintain your love, and make you feel close to each other, which will go a long way to make your marriage work.
So, how do you go about having a romantic date at home? How should you approach these dates at home so that they will be fun, and help maintain the romance and excitement in your marriage?
I want to share some romantic date at home ideas with you to help you improve your marriage.
Abstain from Romance for Some Days
One of the romantic home date ideas you should consider is to make it a point to refrain from showing affection to your partner for three days leading up to the day you will have your romantic home date. For example, if you decide to have your date on a Saturday, do not kiss, hug, or make love to your spouse on the Thursday and Friday preceding that Saturday. This will cause a buildup of romantic desire for your spouse, when you think about and anticipate the date day, and make the date day more interesting.
If you are giving your spouse affection every day, the date day with just feel like an ordinary day on which you show affection to your spouse. There will be nothing different about that day, and this may make that day seem boring since you would be doing something you do all the time.
Therefore, reserve some of the affection for the date day.
Make exercising a part of your romantic anniversary home date.
- Do about ten minutes of vigorous exercise at the start of the evening. This will give you the energy and stamina you need to stay alert and focused, so that you can please your husband or wife.
- Do an exercise you can both participate in as a romantic team, so that you can encourage romantic bonding as a couple. For example, you can decide to do double leg raises by lying on a mat on the floor of your bedroom, or by lying on your bed with your spouse standing where your head is, so that you can hold your spouse’s legs or waist with your hands, so that when you raise your leg, he or she will push it back down for you, instead of you lowering your legs yourself.
- If you have a swimming pool and decide to have a swim together, have short breaks during the exercise, and during those breaks kiss or cuddle to help you get in the mood for the evening.
- After the exercise together, have a shower together. Use all your powers of self-control to refrain from stimulating each other sexually. Instead, use this time to whisper romantic, loving things into each other’s ears.
- After the shower, dry your spouse with your towel, and allow your spouse to wipe your body with his or her towel. Do the wiping slowly, and as you proceed, say the things you like about your spouse’s body. For example, when you get to his or her hands, you can say something like, “I feel you have got the most sexy hands in the world!” When you get to her breasts, you can say, as you wipe, “Darling, your breasts are the most gorgeous in the whole of Ghana!”
A date must be fun, interesting, exciting, and sometimes outrageous. Since you are doing it at home, you can decide to break some routines, and go beyond certain boundaries.
You can make these dates more fun by exchanging some of your clothes and wearing them. The husband should wear one of his wife’s favorite dresses, and she should put on one of his clothes which she can fit into comfortably.
As you put on the dress, see yourself as “entering” your spouse’s body, and think of yourself as becoming closer to him or her in spirit. This will make you feel even more closer than you feel to your spouse.
It will add to the excitement of the occasion, and break the monotony of always looking the way you look. It will give you a good laugh, lighten the atmosphere of the date, and make it more pleasant.
Doing something outrageous should form part of the ideas you generate for your romantic dates at home.
Go to the Kitchen
On the nights of the dates, you should decide to cook together. It will enhance the atmosphere. To make the date even more interesting, prepare something which you have not eaten before, such as an exotic meal from West Africa.
Jollof rice is a famous meal in West Africa. You can decide to prepare this meal together and enjoy it. You prepare it by:
- Making a stew or gravy first.
- You then pour the water which you would have used to cook the rice separately, into the stew when the stew is ready.
- When the stew and water mixture boils over, you then pour the rice into the mixture and allow it to cook. The rice will mix with the stew to produce a sort of colored rice.
- You can eat this meal with vegetables, snails, and mushrooms.
Whilst you are waiting for the rice to get cooked, you can whisper sweet words into each other’s ears. You could say something like, “Darling, if I had to choose between breathing and loving you, I would use my very last breath to say I Love You.”
In addition to this exotic meal, get nuts, such as Tigernuts, Brazilnuts, walnuts, peanuts, almonds, and also seeds such as sesame seeds. Also get some pomegranates and a few bars of chocolate. These foods boost the flow of blood to your genitals, and will excite you sexually and put you in the mood for lovemaking.
Also, get a bottle of Ginseng, or Tribulus terrestris, or horny goat weed, or Cnidium, or Tongkiat Ali, or Damiana, or Sarsaparilla, or Yohimbine. They will help to stimulate your sexual desire and induce the romantic mood in you, so that you will want to get intimate with your spouse.
All these foods will add to the zest for your romantic home date, and ensure the date ends in an intimate, bond-creating activity.
Take the Meal to the Bedroom
- Set a table in your bedroom and have the meal there.
- Eat the meal with joy.
- Listen to cool, sentimental music whilst you enjoy this exotic meal.
- Whilst eating, say twenty things you think are wonderful about your spouse to him or her, and let your spouse also say twenty things about you which he or she feels is incredible about you.
- To make it more romantic, pick up some of the nuts. When you put one nut in your spouse’s mouth, say one wonderful thing about him or her. For example, when you put one Tigernut in his or her mouth, you can say, “I feel you are very caring.” Then, allow your spouse to also put a nut in your mouth and say something good about you. When you put the next nut in your spouse’s mouth, say, “You are very sexy,” and so on.
- And then each of you should tell the other ten things you think they could do to improve so that they would become a better lover.
- Next, unwrap a bar of chocolate and put each end in each other’s mouth. Start eating it from the ends, and when you have both eaten it till your lips meet, give your spouse a hot, hot romantic kiss.
You should make singing to your spouse one of your romantic date ideas if you want to have romantic dates in your home.
Even if you do not have a good voice, make the effort to make these occasions special by singing your spouse’s favorite love song to him or her. The wife should sit on her husband’s lap, look into his eyes, and sing his favorite love song to him. The husband should do vice versa. After all, it is not the quality of the voice you are looking at, but the feelings that go into the singing of the song.
Whether it is for your wedding anniversary, or for Valentine’s Day, dancing is one of the romantic ideas you must infuse in your activities for your dates at home. Get up from the table, get close to each other, the wife should put her head on her husband’s shoulder, and both of you should dance gently to the sentimental music still playing in the room. There should be no inhibitions. Smooch each other, kiss, hug, cuddle, tickle, and massage each other to induce warm sensations in your bodies.
Watch a Movie Together
Watching a romance movie together with your spouse is one of the romantic home ideas for couples you must consider.
After the dance, settle in each other’s arms and watch a movie you both like. You can decide to go in for a romance movie which has a lot of sexual scenes, and which is about a married couple, or a romance comedy. A romance movie will help you to continue to build up the sexual tension in your bodies, and also help to lighten the mood so that you can both feel relaxed, which is more likely to make you express your love for your spouse better.
Go in for a short movie, like a movie which will last an hour or two. This will give you time for other romantic activities later in the night.
Make sure you watch the movie to the end. Refrain from showing affection for your spouse at this time so that the sexual excitement and suspense will build up in your bodies.
Engage in a Passionate Kiss
- Sit down for about five minutes and try to remind yourselves of times that you have had wonderful kissing sessions. Talk about all the things that went well on those occasions, and discuss how you can improve your kissing skills.
- And then start passing your eyes over your spouse’s body so that he or she will know you want them, and so that you can get in a romantic mood and want him or her.
- Then fix a gaze on one part of his or her body you like most. For example, if you think your wife’s lips are sexy, focus your gaze on her lips, lick your lips, and draw her close.
- First, kiss the back of his or her hand.
- Then, look into your spouse’s eyes, and raise your eyebrows, or wink at him or her to show you want to get intimate. Smile sweetly into his or her face, and say “I love you and want you now” with your lips, without saying it audibly.
- Then, slowly move nearer to your spouse
- Then, trail a finger all along his hand, along his or her neck, and pass it lightly over your spouse’s lips.
- Then, remove your finger, moisten your lips, and lock your lips with his or her lips, and give them the most wonderful kiss you have ever given. Kiss for a long time, let’s say ten minutes.
Kissing passionately is one of the romantic date ideas at home for married couples which you have to ensure you do.
End the date in bed. Appreciate each other. Each spouse should be able to thank the other for at least fifty things.
Finally, you can crown the night with a good lovemaking session.
Romantic Dates Ideas for Married Couples
Do you think having a date at home is romantic enough?
© 2017 Isaac Yaw Asiedu Nunoofio