Romantic Ways for How to Propose to your Girlfriend
Finding a romantic way to propose to your girlfriend is a unique challenge, and one you will no doubt want to get right, as hopefully this will be the one and only time you ever need to propose to anybody. We have all seen men risk embarrassment and go down on one knee in public places in order to ask their girlfriends to marry them, but how about considering a way of proposing that is so very unusual that not only is your girlfriend going to find it virtually impossible to say no, but she is also going to remember the way you proposed for the rest of her life, and fondly reminisce to family, friends and your future children as to what a wonderful experience this was, and how she couldn't resist accepting the proposal.
This hub contains just a few ideas of novel ways to ask your girlfriend to marry you. May I wish you every success in your requests and I am fairly sure you won't find many girls who would say "no" if proposed to in the ways I am about to suggest.
1) A good friend of mine told me how her boyfriend proposed to her, and I have to confess I loved the idea totally. This young lady had a pet rabbit, and one day her boyfriend came running into the kitchen and told her that the rabbit had escaped and was loose in her garden. In a panic she ran outside and saw her beloved rabbit hopping across the lawn. After a short chase she captured the elusive bunny, only to find a small jewellery box tied around its neck with a pink ribbon. Upon opening the box she discovered an engagement ring inside. Who could say no after a proposal like that!
2) A little harder to achieve, but if you have a pet parrot or mynah bird wait until your girlfriend is away for a week or so and spend time teaching the bird to say "will you marry me?" or similar. Once she returns make sure you are around her until such time as the parrot or mynah bird obliges by asking the question for you.
3) How about a treasure hunt complete with clues for her to work out and follow, each clue taking her to a different location, and the next clue, until such time as she finally reaches the end of the trail and the ring in a box with a "Will you marry me?" note inside. The treasure hunt can stretch over the entire town where you live too, so no need to restrict it to your house or garden.
4) Live in an apartment builiding? Get neighbours to turn on/off lights to spell the words "Marry Me" and then take your loved one across the street for a surprise.
5) Turn off all the lights in your apartment or house and make a trail of candles that leads to a circle of further candles positioned around a ring.
6) Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling. Get into bed, turn the lights off, and wait for the reaction.
7) Buy a Christmas cracker and carefully open one end of it in order to remove the contents. Then insert the engagement ring into the cracker and press the cracker back into shape. Make sure she sits in the right place at the table to get the correct cracker or you could end up proposing to your future Mother-in-Law!
8) Bake the ring into a small cake and watch carefully whilst she eats it.
9) Ask your local Chinese restaurant to make you a fortune cookie with the ring inside, then take her for dinner there.
10) Place the ring in balloon and get it filled with helium. Trick her into bursting it so the ring falls out.
11) Place the ring inside the petals of a single red rose and present it to her over a romantic meal for two.
12) Plant crocus corms or snowdrops etc in your lawn spelling out the words "Will you marry me *******", and wait for Spring. Every year they will remind her of your romantic gesture by spelling out the message again.
13) Write your marriage proposal on a piece of paper and stain it with black tea in order to give the appearance of ancient parchment. Secrete this in an old fashioned bottle and take your girlfriend to the beach. If at all possible place the bottle in a rock pool when she isn't looking and make sure she finds it, alternatively semi-bury it in the sand near to where she is sitting and find a way to 'accidentally' ensure she spots it.
14) Buy her a goldfish and place the ring (clearly visible), in the base of the bowl or tank, (for those with a warped sense of humour you could buy her a couple of Piranha fish and then place the ring in the bottom of their tank and tell her if she puts her hand in and successfully gets the ring out you will marry her!)
15) Finally, run her a nice hot bubble bath and surround the bath with scented candles. Invest in a small rubber duck and tie the engagement ring around its neck with a red or pink ribbon. Make sure there is so much bubble bath in the water that the duck is barely visible above the bubbles. Once she is in the bath and the bubbles gradually start to dissipate the ring will appear and your intentions become obvious.
These are just a few novel ideas, but there are many more, so if you don't fancy any of these, simply use your imagination and your knowledge of what your girlfriend is into e.g. art, pets, extreme sports etc and come up with an idea of your own.
Other Relevant Articles by Mistyhorizon2003
- How to add some romance into your relationship
Would you like to introduce some romance into your relationship? Do you think your marriage is becoming stale? This article contains suggestions of how to add some romance into your relationships, whether they are new or old.....
- Can a relationship work without you being in love?
Can a relationship work without you both being in love with each other? I believe in certain circumstances it can work very well, and both partners can still live happy and fulfilling lives. Before you assume that a relationship must consist of two..
- The Top 10 Passion Killers for Women
ust for a bit of fun I thought I would compile a list of the top ten passion killers for women, in other words the things Husbands, boyfriends, lovers or men in general do, that really turn us women off and leave us wanting to run for the hills.....
- The Top 10 Passion Killers for Men
Following on from my hub The Top 10 Passion Killers for Women I felt it only right to redress the balance by writing a hub on The Top 10 Passion Killers for Men. After consulting my Husband and some male friends they shared with me their opinions....
Additional Research Sources Used.
- Wedding Proposals: 50 Romantic Ways to Propose - Getting Engaged - Marriage Proposals - By TheKnot.c
Wedding Proposals: 50 Romantic Ways to Propose- tips on planning the perfect proposal. Take a look at our list and get ideas on finding the best way to propose on TheKnot.com.