- Gender and Relationships»
- Romantic Intimacy
Saying "I Love You" 100 Different Ways
Love freely.......love unconditionally...just love
Love is a range of emotions that are related to attachment and affection. Love in the sense of the word and definition is very broad in terms of actual description. An actual textbook definition of love is:
A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities.
If you are of religious faith you can find a definition of love or the way of love in the Bible under 1 Corinthians Chapter 13.
13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but I do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
13:2 And if I have prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing.
13:3 If I give away everything I own, and if I give over my body in order to boast,but do not have love, I receive no benefit.
13:4 Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. Love does not brag, it is not puffed up.
13:5 It is not rude, it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful.
13:6 It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth.
13:7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
13:8 Love never ends. But if there are prophecies, they will be set aside; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be set aside.
13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part,
13:10 but when what is perfectcomes, the partial will be set aside.
13:11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. But when I became an adult,I set aside childish ways.
13:12 For now we see in a mirror indirectly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, just as I have been fully known.
13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
To love or be in love with, inspires deep, thriving, passionate feelings within one's self. In relationships, as time passes love can grow and it can fade. Love can also be taken for granted. Life is short and while full of possibilities it can also end quickly. When you love, you should do so as there was no tomorrow. Here are 100 ways to show your love:
- Verbally: There are many ways to say "I love you" verbally. You can simply look deep into your significant others eyes and say those three little words. Or you can use analagies when expressing your love if you're not wanting the mood to be so serious. For example, take your lover's hands in yours, look them in the eyes and say, "I love you like a fat kid loves cake!"
- Using Poetry: Copy a poem from some of the greatest authors such as Elizabeth Barrett, Lord Byron, or Emily Dickinson. Or write your own original poem in any form directly from your own heart. Leave it for your lover by the coffee pot before you leave for work, or put it in their briefcase or lunchbox. Write the poem in lipstick on the bathroom mirror.
- Massage: Touch is powerful. Especially when it is done slowly and sensually. Take your partner's hands and rub and massage them. Take your time on each body part.
- Kisses: Kiss playfully or full on with the deep passionate kiss that makes the toes curl. Kissing is a great way to say "I Love You!"
- On A T-Shirt: Express your love in a creative way by having it put on a T-Shirt and wear it when you are out with them or just around the house.
- Share or Do the Chores: Sometimes love can be shown through a simple gesture of doing the dishes, starting the laundry, or even vacuming.
- Using Pictures: Create a collage using pictures that represent love.
- Flowers: Whether you stop in a field on your way home or you stop into the local florist, presenting flowers to your lover is a great way to show your affection.
- Chocolate: Make some chocolate candies in the shape of hearts or shape it to say I Love You or whatever. Chocolate touches the senses and makes a great way to use expression of feelings.
- Cooking Dinner: Create a candlelit ambience around a mouth watering dinner. Blindfold your lover and have them let you feed them and encourage them to slowly taste and absorb the food. Use Champange or Plantains to enhance the food's taste.
- Create a Songlist: Whether using an ipod or computer or even if you burn a CD. Put together a mix of songs that express your feelings for your lover.
- Adult Games: Tantalize your lover with an intimate game of strip poker or twister. Visit an adult store and purchase a great couples game. The object is to spend time expressing your feelings.
- Languages: Learn how to say "I Love You" in Spanish, Italian, German, or even Japanese. Explore new ways to convey how you feel.
- Snail Mail: Brighten your lovers day by sending them a personalized letter or greeting card. It's nice to go to the mail box and pull something out other than a bill.
- Say Thank You: Look at your lover and earnestly thank them for all that they do to enhance your life.
- Shout It Out: Whether you are in a park or in a crowded subway, don't be afraid to tell everyone how much you love your partner. Get down on one knee and recite a short poem. Do something out of the ordinary to get their attention.
- Lawn Art: If you have a lawn or bushes, use a mower or bush trimmer to sculpt your sentiments in the landscaping. (If you not that creative, pay a landscaper.)
- Using Pets: Attach a note to the collar of your pet and have them take it to your lover. If you have a fish tank, make a sign and put it in the tank.
- Cell Phone: Send a thoughtful text message during the day to your lover. Give them a random reason to smile.
- Computer: Write a note in their screen saver or on their desktop background.
- Website: Create a website that is all about your lover and why you love them.
- Steal Your Lover Away: Call into work for your lover and surprise them with a day off that's just about them. Plan events that your lover would like to do to show them you are interested in what they like.
- Wash The Car: Wash their car or take it and have it detailed.
- Random Drinks: Does your lover like coffee or soda? Bring them a special drink on the way home.
- Giftcard: Get your lover a gift card to do something they wouldn't normally do for themselves, like a night at the movies or a day at the spa.
- Listen Attentively: Listen to your lover and be interested when they want to tell you about their day. Make a point to stop what you are doing and give them your undivided attention.
- Bake a Cake: Bake your lover their favorite flavor of cake.
- Make a Map: Create a map that your lover has to follow and email it to them. Have the map lead them on an interesting and fun journey to you.
- Temporary Tattoos: There are shops that offer henna Tattoo's or you can stop at a novelty store to buy the supplies to create your own. Tattoo a symbol of love to show off to your lover on a special area of your body.
- Sand Art: Take your lover to the beach and write love notes in the sand.
- Create A Puzzle: Create a puzzle for your lover to put together that expresses how you feel.
- Write A Song: Whether you sing good or just awful, using words from the heart will melt your lover.
- Calendar: Create a calendar for your lover that has a reason you love them on each day of the week.
- Video: Make a video for your lover and post it on YouTube.
- Use A List: Create a top ten or top 100 list for your lover that explains why you love them like you do.
- Write a Story: Whether it's a story about how you met or about a special event, write your own love story.
- Hobbies: Does your lover like to swim or work out or make crafts? Join a hobby group with your lover.
- Signs: Put a sign in the front yard, or a magnetic sign on the car or hang a banner from the roof.
- PIck Up The Phone: Call your lover at a random time during the day just to let them know you are thinking of them.
- Lucky Charm: Give your parter a rabbits foot or another symbol that will remind them of you on a keychain so they can carry it with them.
- Extend Trust and Plan a Friends Only Night Out: Call your lover's friends and have them plan to take them to dinner or to an event. Send them off with a big kiss and a sincere "Have a Good Time."
- Collect Your Memories: Put a book together of your favorite memories of your time together.
- Bath Time: Run your lover a warm bubble bath. Surround the tub with candles. Encourge them to relax and enjoy.
- Sharing: Whether you eat ice cream out of the same bowl, or you pop some popcorn. Share something simple with your lover.
- Love the Inlaws: Invite the inlaws over for dinner and game night.
- Remind them how well you know them: Create a list of things you know about your lover. Their favorite color, foods, activities. Where they grew up, etc. This will impress your lover and show them you've been paying attention.
- Get Health Concious: Eat healthier or plan a work out regimine. Show your lover you love them by taking more pride both of your health.
- Date Night: Plan a random date with your lover. Maybe an activity you used to do when you first started dating or plan something new.
- Drawing: Whether you are the next Leonard Divinci or whether you are only capable of drawing stick figures, use art to show your love.
- Be A Flirt: Go back to the beginning when you were first trying to catch his or her eye.
- Create A Crossword: Create a crossword that your lover has to do to reveal what they mean to you.
- Be Kind: Open a door, pick up something they dropped, offer your jacket. Random acts of kindness warm the heart.
- Be Unconditional: Accept your lover no matter what their faults are. Always love openly.
- Clean Up: Remember you lover isn't your Mom and they aren't the maid or butler. Clean your own mess so they don't have to.
- Apologize First: Be the bigger person and stop the argument with a sincere apology.
- Create your own ABC Song: Sing your own version of the ABC's to your lover: A is for Always, B is for Beautiful, C is for Charming...etc.
- Ask Advice: Not sure what you can do for your lover, ask them their advice for things they need.
- Snuggle: Whether it's five minutes or a whole day. Make time to snuggle close and to just hold your lover.
- Don't Take The Last: Offer your lover the last soda or cookie first.
- Be Vunerable: Share your deepest feelings and innermost thoughts. Showing your vunerablity lets your lover know that you not only trust them, but you love them enough to share.
- Define Love: Write down what love means to you and create a definition to share with your lover.
- Breakfast In Bed: Sneak out of bed before you lover and surpise them with breakfast in bed.
- Roses: Leave a trail of rose petals from the front door to the living room that reveals a bright boquet.
- Photos: Send funny pictures of yourself to your lover to brighten their day either through the phone or email.
- Holding Hands: Take your lover by the hand and walk with them or as you sit by them. Lightly caress their hand.
- Learn Something New: Let your lover teach you how to do something. (Even if you already know how.)
- Hidden Messages: Leave them hidden messages on a post it note in their favorite book or magazine.
- Compliment Them: Let your lover know that something they have on looks good or smells nice. Maybe you like their hair or their shoes. Give them compliments.
- Have a party: Invite your friends or family over for a get together. Put up a banner that tells your lover and everyone there that you love them.
- Love Tree: Get a small tree and tie messages to the branches and give it to your lover. Or plant a live tree in honor of them.
- Special Quote: Look up popular love quotes and write them down and give them to your lover.
- Use Balloons: Send your lover some balloons or come home with some that say you love them.
- Dance: Create an interpritive dance or strip tease for your lover, or take them dancing.
- Secret Phrase: Create your own secret phrase to say to your lover that lets them know you love them. It's a special phrase that only has a meaning to the two of you.
- Have A Friend Tell Them: Think how flattering it would be to have a friend or family member express how much they know you love your partner.
- Journal or Diary: Write your feelings down in a journal or diary and leave it out for your lover to find or spend an evening reading it to them.
- Movies: Spend an evening watching your lovers favorite movies. Refer to quotes from the movie to show them you were paying attention.
- Create your own space: Find a secluded spot that you can call your own. Whether it be a certain area of a park or on a beach. Find a place that you two can share.
- Sunsets / Sunrises: Take time out to watch a sunset or a sunrise together.
- Dedicate a Song: Call your lovers favorite radio station and dedicate a song to them.
- Moonlit Walks: Spend time slowly walking together in the moonlight.
- Silence: Remember sometimes it's just as important to be there. Sometimes silence can be golden.
- Carriage Ride: Plan a romantic carriage ride.
- Stuffed Animals: Leave a stuffed animal in the car or on your lovers pillow.
- Remember the 1sts: Take your lover back to the first place you met, or the place where you proposed.
- Showers: Take a shower together. Spend quiet moments being together in the hot steam.
- Hugs: Hugs will give your lover warm and fuzzy feelings all over.
- Laugh: Find ways to give your partner a giggle to brighten their day.
- Positive Reinforcement: When you notice your parter has accomplished something, no matter how large or small say something positive to them to let then know you noticed.
- Get Tickets: Book tickets to your lovers favorite concert or sporting event and give them to your lover as a surprise.
- Hire A Cleaning Service: Book a maid or butler for the day to spruce your home.
- Get Spontaneous: Take a walk in the rain or play in the snow.
- Surprise Message: Leave a message in a bottle for your lover to find.
- Window Writing: Use a crayola to write on your home's windows or vehicles and leave a creative I love you message for your lover.
- Love Coupons: Create your own book of love coupons to give to your lover to use. For example: This coupon entitles you to a day without laundry or a night on the town, etc.
- Phone Love: Call your lover while they are at work or with friends and give them erotic converstation to peak their curiosity for what's waiting at home.
- Doctor or Nurse: If your lover gets a cut or something, help them give it loving care.
- Toilet Paper: Write them a note on the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom or on your paper towels in the kitchen.
- Marry Them Over Again: Marry your lover again. Plan a vowel renewal either privately or with friends and family.
- Be There: When your lover is having a bad day or when an event happens they need your support, be there no matter what for them to lean on.
There are millions of ways to show someone you love them. Take time to do it today.