- Gender and Relationships»
- Romantic Intimacy
Saying I Love You
Showing your affection and emotions to your partner can be simple and effortless when you incorporate simple little ways to say, "I love you!" Making these types of things a habit in your relationship will help keep the spark alive and the feelings of love and affection fresh.
Too many relationships grow stale because couples gets so wrapped up in daily life, the children if they have any and their jobs that they forget that there is a relationship to maintain. It is so vital to keep the lines of communication open. It is so much better to share something with your partner while it is a smaller issue than stew about it and it becomes much bigger than it really is. Keep in mind that it is important to sit down when you are both feeling neutral, not overly tired or emotionally upset, and share things that maybe are bothering you and discuss the ways you can solve them. Also keep in mind the most important factor, never ever demean the other person or lay blame only on them. Relationships take two and it takes the both of you coming to compromises and accepting the other person completely, faults and good points and not one of you is entirely to blame for the issues. (I do recommend however that if your relationship has any abusive tendencies to seek professional counsel.)
Below is a list of a few ideas of simple ways to say "I love you"
- Kiss the inside of your partner's hand or just under his / her earlobe
- Leave a love note for your partner to find. Fun places to leave notes are jacket pocket, pants pocket, wallet or purse, taped to his / her computer monitor, taped to the steering wheel of his / her car.
- Blow a kiss to them across the dinner table or across the room. Add a wink to give that elusive hint.
- Mark a date night on your calendar. Plan the evening but don't tell him / her what is planned and whisk them away to the secret location. Making it a secret all week or month even keeps the anticipation high and makes the evening or day or weekend, whatever is planned all that much more exciting!
- Make picnic foods or stop and pick up ready made foods and have an indoor picnic, table cloth on the floor, basket and all! (Just not the ants!)
- Feed each other sensual foods like fruits, candy or even any meal you are eating together.
- Wash your partner's car and leave post-it notes with loving messages for them to find.
- Frame favorite pictures of the two of you and other pictures that have special meanings to you and place them throughout the house.
- Share a bottle of wine or champagne over even a simple meal.
- Send loving messages on your partner's pager or cell phone or send loving erotic emails. Be careful what you send him / her to a work email however as some companies filter mails.
- Leave a romantic message on your partner's voice mail.
- Slow dance together for no reason.
- Hold hands wherever you walk together.
- Lay out in your back yard or find a place in a public part and star-gaze together.
- Dedicate a love song to him / her on the radio.
- Cook meals together as often as possible. It is a great way to communicate and have quality time together especially if you have busy schedules.
- Watch your favorite movies or tv shows together in the glow of candlelight.
- Meet your partner for lunch at a favorite café or maybe someplace you have never eaten at before.
- Kiss passionately... often.