Secrets in succeeding a Long Distance Relationship
Yes, It's WORTH the WAIT!
Having your partner with you is one of the most precious moments in life. But what if, one day, the love was destined to be apart while growing? What if that is God's Will--- to challenge your love in a distance?
I know when you say 'distance-love', the first thing that would pop in our mind was, "it will not work.", but why is that? It's because many negative words were thrown away in us, that almost everyone of us closed our minds having or trying to be in a relationship in a distance. According to the Bible, "For with God nothing is impossible", as long as our Father saw it right, nothing is impossible. He's not greedy, sometimes, God wants us to experience hard things than seeing us lying in bed playing games, relaxing, no ideas in doing other activities, etc. He wants you to explore things with Him. If it is God's will then go for it, if it's not then thank Him for experiencing such adventure. Here's some secrets that I can give if you're one of us:
- Don't be afraid to try. You cannot succeed a relationship if you're not willing to explore adventures in life. It's like making friends, introducing yourself on your first day in class.
- Believe that you can succeed. Trust each other in short. Don't let negativity ruin the relationship, but don't let positivity abuse your mind. Be smart as simple as that. Be observant also. Trust the relationship itself. Believe that forever will be proved by both of you.
- Fights are normal. Don't you know, misunderstandings may sometimes lead to an end but can also strengthen a couple? Why? As you learn to forgive and discuss the problem after the fight, both of you improves your understanding and maturity. You'll realized simple problems are meant to be fixed right away, you don't need to wait for the next day or lasts a week. Discuss it right away, don't let pride lead the relationship.
- Appreciate the little things. What's good in a long distance relationship is you learn to make an effort and show your love through DIY (Do it yourself) or little things. What is more romantic than making something to show how much you love him/her? That's the sweetest! You spend less, make an effort, you make him/her happy, you appreciate the distance and tightens the relationship even more.
- Communicate. Have time to communicate with him/her. This also makes the relationship lasts. Share your thoughts, your activities, tell stories, make plans, do your lists, and many more. Build your relationship with moments and challenges.
- Be Contented. Don't envy others, don't look at their relationship. Appreciate yours and stay faithful for your partner. Ask for God's guidance, learn to be thankful on what you have and what you are right now. Don't let the wrongdoing distract your mind and life.
- Have a Love Triangle with God. Make God be your number one in your list. This is one of the most effective ingredient in a successful relationship. Love God more than you love your partner. For He is Everything, and as a Father, He won't let us experience what He don't want us to have, unless we chose to turn paths. God will give you satisfaction, He's the medicine in the sick-relationship. Let God be your First!
Remember this, it doesn't matter whether you're apart or what with your love, inside the relationship, presence is just a minor part of it. The one who knows best were in the hands of you and your partner-include God. And as long as you communicate, the more you'll see that being in a Long Distance Relationship was a piece of cake. Plan-Pray for it-Trust God-Communicate-Make an Action-Believe.