- Gender and Relationships»
- Advice & Tips for Women in Relationships
Single Motherhood and Dating PART 3: So I'm Ready to Start Dating Again....Now What?!
Part 3 in Single Motherhood and Dating Series
You now have decided to get back out there and start dating again when you pause and go okay now what?! In this entry we are going to talk about various dating options out there in hope to give you that little push you need. We all know going to a bar or nightclub may just not be your thing anymore, if it ever was.
Speed Dating/ Mixers
- If you are not familiar with these two Speed Dating is a gathering hosted by an organization usually where you have “mini dates”. Speed dating usually requires a registration or sign up and sometimes costs a fee. You mingle with each other for a bit then the announcer calls times up and then you move on to the next person. Mixers are gatherings as well usually hosted by a sponsoring organization. In short it is like of like going to a bar (sometimes it is held at one too) for singles only. There are also mixers designed just for Single parents.
- Another option to choose from when getting back into the dating scene. There are many out there so be very leery of your choosing and some usually charge a fee. E-harmony and match.com are the most widely known ones as well as trusted. I only checked out e-harmony and match.com and I say e-harmony is the best and you can really narrow your choices down to where you get a list of guys that fit what you are looking for.
- Meet ups seem to be another hip thing. There is meetup.com where you can find local groups in your area with specifics in mind like knitting groups to yes single parent dating! You may be surprised your local area may have a meet up group there for single parents searching for love.
If you really are in a stumped there are some other costly options
Hire a Matchmaker/Dating service- Yes this still exists anyone watch the Millionaires matchmaking show? Dating services are still around too and popular mostly with the successful business people who want a little discretion.
Put out a singles ad- I used to read the wanted ad’s when I was a teen just for fun and they are still out there. So here you go: SM (single mom) seeks SD (single dad).
While I listed all those options none of them fit me. I thought I was doomed and I really did not do anything. They say you find love when you least expect it and I find that is true. I really as not looking for love or a relationship, but I remained open to receive it and that’s when as the Weather Girls sang it was raining men! Or perhaps there is another not well known dating option out there called Social Networking sites.I have discovered these are secret dating sites(Yes I seriously think this). I belong to a few social networking sites and there are also themed ones to attract people with similar interests like say writing. I met my first love actually on a writers website forum hosted by a famous comic book writer. We knew there was one thing in common that we had which was writing. So it was really a perfect set up for you had a group of people with similar interest right? That aside I will mention this again you really do not have to go searching to find love again. I say just be open to the idea to receive it and you maybe blessed with a date for Saturday night, well works for me.
Incased you missed them: