So What if He's Not a "Dream Boat?" At Least He Showed Up
Single or Divorced Women, This is a Pop Test! Look closely at the guy in above photo and answer this question: Is this guy's hairstyle cool or just plain down-right awful?
- If you answered "awful," then you are a girl with great taste in men. Realistically, there may not be anything wrong with this guy's character. It is just that he is working to be considered cool and stylish with the crowd he is hanging out with on the weekends.
- If you answered "no, are you kidding me?" you are also a great judge of men and this also shows me that you do have compassion on men that are not good at making public appearances, but may have a few hidden issues.
It is an unwritten universal law of dating that guys, mostly those who are not members of the "elite," "superior" class of our society will go beyond natural borders and guidelines of safety and danger to themselves to look, act, dress, smell and be their best on a first date.
This is written in their DNA from when mankind was made by Our Creator. Skeptics, check it out. So since Adam first viewed his beautiful mate, Eve, man has conjured, planned, and devised ways to not just attract their first mate while dating them, but possibly keeping them for a future love interest.
I charge society at large to open your eyes, and now I am talking to the single girls only, and see "these" poor, driven guys who are spending all but their life insurance on the best clothes, cologne and haircuts just to score a lasting impression with the young lady of their choice. "These" guys, nervous and with heart rate that is three points above "healthy," will ultimately leave something undone about their looks, vocabulary, or hairstyle.
I urge the single girls reading this to hold back from saying "Ewwww," in your minds when he rings your doorbell. Take time to look at the whole man, not just the little piece of string he has overlooked on his pants. Seriously. Is a little piece of string any sound reason for you to dump the guy only moments after you allow him inside your home to sit down and talk to you? I think not.
Love tips, self-help hubs revisited
Hey, if music icon, legend, Bob Dylan, famous for so many mega hits such as "Highway 61," and then he turns around and records "Highway 61 Revisited," and it's a bigger hit than his first song, then I most certainly can return to my hub roots as it were and write one more self-help hub (for girls only) who are about to go out on that scary first date.
As you read my story you might be tempted to laugh. That's okay. I can relate to happy. You might even give in and look puzzled. You know that narcissistic look when people gaze at another narcissistic person with their eyes half-closed. Yeah, that look. Sickening if you ask me.
with you. I am not writing hubs like this for money. God only knows how much I would love to score just one hub that would grant me 100,000 views. What a juicy hotbed for HubPages to offer a few heavy hitter advertisers on the national level. (I may not know as much as those Top Tier Hubbers, but advertising, I know something about).
I am simply writing these hub to be of help to some out there who are simply crying out for help to a circle of friends who do not how to listen. Those people. Yeah, those who are too ashamed of themselves to come out and ask for help and then make a worse mistake when an opportunity of going out with a guy comes along and the first sign of something wrong with the guy's looks, she is ready to bail. Those people.
So with that being typed with eight mighty sore fingers and one thumb, I ask you girls who are ready for that "first" date to listen up, errr, I mean, read up and I begin with this headline:
- Crumbs on His Pants - - or shirt is not a sign that he is a slob. Bank on it, girls. This just proves that he forgot to brush off the crumbs at his meal with his parents. Let is slide, girls and give this guy a chance.
- Shoes Untied - - but not on purpose is nothing to cause you to hit the "panic button." The poor guy is just as nervous as you are because he has not been on a date since Disco was king.
- Stuttering - - either my physical affliction or nerves cannot be a gauge for you to determine if the guy is a jerk or not. I know a guy personally who attends church with me and when he is stressed, he stutters. He admitted it openly in Bible Study. Go out with this guy. With help, he can overcome this ailment.
- Shyness - - is not a sign of perversion, girls. A lot of great guys are shy. Me included, but I was never great. Just shy. And it didn't hamper me getting out there and playing the "singles game." Hey, a few girls even found my shyness hot. I just wish I could remember their names.
- Memory Lapses - - are natural and not a plague sent by God through Moses to punish girls who are going on their first date, but they did not kiss mom good night. Everyone at one time or the other will have a memory lapse.
- Nervous Laughter - - is pretty much the same as a memory lapse. Guys with over-active nerves cannot help the situation. Maybe you are so pretty that "nervous guy" gets nervous just looking at you. Ever thought of that?
- Talkative - - guys are, I admit, annoying at times, but they mean no harm. Overlook this, girls and learn to talk right back at this guy on your date. He will love it.
- Clumsy Guys - - are not a target for sympathy, but building up. One word of advice, girls: Do not laugh at your clumsy guy. He gets enough of that at home, work or in the supermarket.
- Guys Who Cannot - - sit still. They talk to you while their body is like a machine set on "Wide Open" with their arms, legs waving, legs crossing and uncrossing. It can be unnerving to a girl who has not had a date in a while. I would give it as many chances as I could. Then talk to the guy in a discreet, respectful way about his fidgeting. He will appreciate it.
- Emotional Guys - - who cry "at the drop of a hat," are not strange or freaks of nature. They belong to a special group of males whose emotions are visible and not hidden. Be thankful that he is tender hearted and not a loud mouth with a cold heart. Or even worse, heartless.
Granted, girls when going out for the first time or not being asked out in a long time, are also nervous. But somehow The Creator endowed these lovely creations with some mysterious gift to cover their nerves excellently. I know. And they know that they, the pretty girls, are like a loaded .44 staring right at your forehead. You, guys, are at their mercy.
The only thing that I can pass along to you, girls, is to be diplomatic if you must point out to the guy that his fly is open or he has friend chicken bones sticking to his shirt tail. Use a lot of tact for guys at this point are brimming with confidence and one little remark misspoke can shatter their self-image like a cheap mirror.
Just relax, girls and boys and I venture to say that you both will have a great time.
Good night, Nashville, Tennessee.
© 2016 Kenneth Avery