Super Foods That Will Spice Up Your Love Life
A more vibrant love life starts with healthy eating
Do you love fresh food? Do you love romance? Then why not combine the two together with a healthy diet that will boost the va-va-voom in the bedroom! Find out which foods can help boost your appetite for romance!
It may sound trite, but the way to your lover's heart really is through the stomach. Tap into the power of these natural stimulants to ignite a tired libido and rekindle your love life.
Put romance on the menu, morning, noon and night!
Start the day with a heart smart breakfast. Try oatmeal with banana and honey. Anything that's good for your heart is good for your sex life. That's because enjoying a sensuous love life depends on having good circulation and blood flow. Oatmeal is good for your heart; it reduces cholesterol and lowers blood pressure. Bananas are rich in potassium and B vitamins, which are said to be necessary for sex-hormone production.
Be a sweetie! Honey is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamin B6 which helps the production of male sex hormone, testosterone. Honey helps increase blood flow, essential for arousal and the fructose in honey also provides energy and stamina to help boost libido.
Spice it up! Instead of adding sugar to your coffee, cereal or oatmeal, add a dash of heart healthy cinnamon.
Munch on a sexy salad for lunch. Make a delicious salad for lunch filled with some of these libido boosting ingredients.
- Spinach is rich in magnesium which helps in muscle contraction and relaxation.
- Figs are full of potassium.
- Walnuts help to increase feelings of pleasure and wellness thanks to their high levels of alpha linolenic acid (a type of omega-3).
- Avocados provide heart-healthy monosaturated fats and potassium.
Get saucy. Serve a sensuous seafood spaghetti for dinner. Spicy red sauce with capsaicin, the essence that gives hot peppers their heat is believed by some experts to increase pleasure sensors. Oysters have been hailed as libido boosters and aphrodisiacs for centuries. And salmon, high in omega-3 oils is great for your heart.
If you prefer rice to pasta, you could make a romantic seafood paella and add a pinch of saffron, which was recently studied at the University of Guelph for its performance enhancing qualities. (Check out the video below on how to make a Spanish Paella!)
Feed that sexy brain too! Nothing is more attractive than a smart soul-mate! If you're like me, brains and creative brilliance are a turn on. So why not boost your brain power (and your va-va voom quotient) with these brain boosting foods? Studies have shown that certain foods can help enhance memory and increase mental alertness.
- Berries are packed with antioxidants that help slow cognitive decline and increase alertness.
- Apples, more specifically, apple peels, are rich in an antioxidant that helps preserve mental sharpness as we age. Apples are also high in fiber, which is good for the heart and digestive systems.
- Sunflower seeds are packed with vitamin E and folic acid, two nutrients that can protect against cognitive decline (aging), according to a study in Archives of Neurology.
- Watercress, mustard greens and arugula help prevent memory loss. (And who wants to forget an important date like a birthday or anniversary?)
The Link Between Food and Love
- Food And Love: How They Are Linked In The Brain
- The Relationship Between Sex and Food | Psychology Today
There is a close relationship between love, sex and food. By Maryanne Fisher, Ph.D.
If you had to choose between a sweet dessert or a savory dish to heat things up, what would you choose?
Eat Your Way to Feeling Sexy, Chatelaine Magazine, February 2012
Do Eat to Boost Brain Power, Chatelaine Magazine, July 2011
© 2013 Sadie Holloway