- Gender and Relationships»
Sure and top ways to enliven your married life!
Do you feel your married life dull and boring? ‘What is exciting about it? It is so predictable and there are times when I feel that I am just surviving my marriage?’ Are you one among the many couples who feel so about their marriage?
The boredom of the routine life you lead with your spouse make you feel that your married life is tedious and dreary.
- Do you live through your marriage for the sake of your children and other mutual financial commitments you share with your spouse?
- Do you drift along aimlessly in your married life without feeling the excitement of being with your spouse?
- Are you famished with tiredness after a stressful day at work?
- Does your spouse also return home exhausted after a hectic work schedule?
- Are you stressed by work related tension and feel making a conversation itself is an ordeal?
You are so dead beat by your tiredness that your conversation with your spouse is just a questionnaire about the bills paid, bills to be paid and other routine things to be done for the family. If at all you converse with your spouse you end up with arguments about how callous he\she is and how you are working yourself out without any appreciation and approval from him\her.
If this is the daily routine you experience in your married life it is little wonder you soon overgrow your spouse.
How you can your married life be exciting if do not interact with your spouse with love?
How can you experience happiness when you are monotonous in your interaction?
Your marriage needs is a bit of liveliness!
How to make your marriage interesting and lively?
It is all depends on you!
There was a period in my married life when there were debts all around us and our survival itself was a Himalayan ordeal. Those were the terror days of my life and I felt terribly upset that my daughter was a direct spectator to all our troubles.
‘Let us forget our worries at least for one day and let us pretend that we are well off. On that day let us switch off the TV and we should just experience the happiness of being together’, I told my husband. Believe me, the make believe world of being without any worries was sheer fun. My daughter and my husband love to tease me and they had a field day making fun of me. I laughed, my heart feeling light. Though my husband is no more, I could still remember how much he needed such a reprieve.
Have you analyzed your daily routine in your married life?
- You wake up in the morning, your mind seething with anxiety about your work load and the back log of work you have left behind.
- You thrust your tension on your spouse and start the day on a stressful note.
- You do not want to talk with your spouse or children as you are in a hurry to start for work.
- When you return from work, you cite your tiredness as a reason to be aloof from your spouse.
- If at all you talk you end it up with arguments and accusations.
- You retire to bed thinking that your marriage is a drag.
Nothing interesting in it for you, is there?
If you burrow yourselves deep into your worries, it is not going to solve your problems. Too much of worrying can make you tensed and when tension enters your marriage it is disaster all the way. You should understand that problems are part and parcel of any married life.
It is you who should make it interesting and enthralling.
- You should not always talk about family problems and issues with your spouse.
- You should take a day off and spend quality time with your family so that the warmth of togetherness seeps in.
- You can go for long walks and enjoy just being together.
- Plan an elaborate cooking one day and also make your children join in and I am sure it would be great fun.
- Do not argue with your spouse for petty reasons.
- Rearrange the furniture and involve your children in it. Changed places of furniture gives a new look to your home and you feel good.
- Plan a date with your spouse and make perfect arrangements to make it a D day. Make your children stay at your parent’s home so that it is just the two of you. Very pulsating and romantic!
- Go to places you haunted during your love days and feel idealistic.
- Be liberal in spending and forget all your problems.
You always make an authentic display of your anger, don’t you? But have you ever displayed the love for your spouse known to him\her? Happiness and liveliness in marriage is not an elusive element which you have to search for. It is right in front you, within your reach and if you just extend your hands together you might as well grab it.
© 2014 mathira