Tandem Bike Wedding Theme Ideas: Invitations and More
Did you know that tandem bicycles have become a popular theme for weddings? It is amazing what you can learn about when you network with fellow artists. One day no one has heard of an idea and the next you find it everywhere you turn on Pinterest. If you and/or your fiancé are tandem bike enthusiasts, you may want to consider this charming theme for your spring or summer wedding. There are ideas out there for tandem bike invitations, table numbers, cake toppers, favors, and much more. Happy planning!
How can you include tandem bikes in different elements of your wedding?
Just a Few Ideas
Invitations, Save the Dates, Thank Yous
Invitations, Save the Dates, Thank You Notes
Many people consider how they will incorporate invitations into a wedding theme but don't think about save the dates or thank you notes. There are often coordinating options for these stationery sets as well. The following are some of the most popular ideas for tandem bike wedding stationery.
- [number of years together], 2 wheels
- bride and groom riding a tandem bike
- a flag attached to a tandem bike with "save the date," "wedding," or "thank you" message
- hearts attached to the bike like tin cans
- hearts floating around the bike
Wedding tandem bicycle
This concept is pretty self-explanatory. You can add a tandem bike image to virtually any table number design. Are you making the table numbers yourself? Consider using a tandem bike stamp or set of stickers.
Tandem Bike Cake Topper / Sculpture
A tandem bike is a fun way to add a personal touch to a cake topper. Some people opt to simply have a bike as a topper while other people choose to include riders. Cake toppers are available in a wide variety of metals / metal finishes and clay. Many people who make cake toppers are happy to customize them for the recipients. Don't be afraid to ask for special touches, such as details for the people riding the bike (i.e. hair, clothing) or the addition of your names and/or wedding dates.
- Tote bags. Check out the tote bags available from Favors and Flowers. You may want to opt for a more expensive gift option like this for just the wedding party or close family members.
- Coasters. Create or purchase a single tandem bike coaster design or have fun giving lots of different designs.
- Magnets. A magnet is an inexpensive practical favor that will allow your guests to think back on your wedding each time they open their refrigerators or file cabinets.
- Wrapping. Whether or not you are gifting a tandem bike themed item for your guests, you may want to use tandem bike wrapping, such as tissue paper or boxes with a tandem bike stamped on each favor. You can also attach tandem bike tags or stickers to each favor.
- Unique DIY Wedding Favor Ideas
Whether you are putting together a primarily DIY wedding or are simply looking for unique, personalized favors, homemade wedding favors are a great option. Consider candles, soaps, candies, plants, and more.
Tip: Tandem bikes can be a lot of fun during engagement photo shoots as well!
Talk with your photographer about coordinating one or more of the following tandem bike ideas into your wedding shoot.
- Riding a tandem bike in one of your favorite locations around town.
- Riding a tandem bike with a "just married" sign on the back.
- Kissing while one or both people stand next to the bike with their hands resting on the bike handlebars.
- The girl sitting on the front of the bike with the guy holding her from behind.
- One person holding the wedding flowers while the couple rides off on the bike.
- Tandem bicycle decorated in the wedding colors (i.e. ribbons, streamers) and/or with flowers.
- Summer Photography: Props and Photo Ideas
Do you have summer photography sessions scheduled this year? Make your photographs complete with fun props, accessories, and backdrops for infants, children, couples, and families.
Daniel and Rachel Findley Wedding - Sendoff, Tandem Bicycle
If you know that you'll be attending a tandem bicycle themed wedding, you may want to consider giving the couple a themed item, such as one of the following options.
- Prints or photos. There are lots of great tandem bike photos and prints available. Some artists design customized wedding prints, such as a tandem bike sketch that includes the couple's name and wedding date.
- Pillow or pillowcase.
- Bicycle themed t-shirts or other clothing and accessories (i.e. bicycle pins or necklaces).
- Towels embroidered with tandem bicycles.
- Bike riding gear. It is very likely that the wedding couple is a pair of avid bike riders. Consider bike riding gear that they may enjoy. If you aren't sure what they would like or need, don't be afraid to ask. They will most likely be thrilled that you've considered such a personal gift.
More wedding resources from the author.
- Chalkboard Wedding Décor and Accessories: Signs, Invitations, Menus, and More
Chalkboard paint adds a great touch to many different wedding décor and accessory options. Consider using it for signs, invitations, menus, and much more.
- Chevron Wedding Theme Ideas: Invitations, Decorations, and More
Are you interested in unique, chic, diy chevron wedding themed ideas? Check out options for this wedding trend including invitations, decorations, and much more.
- Button Wedding Theme Ideas: Bouquets, Wedding Cakes, Invitations, Favors, and More
This article is about ideas for a button themed wedding. It includes information about bouquets, wedding cakes, invitations, favors, and more. There are lots of photos and resources.