- Gender and Relationships»
Top 10 Reasons to Get Married
Reasons for getting Married
Marriage is a union of two individuals. Marriage is not a new concept and has been around for thousands of years as the way of celebrating the love and commitment between a man and a woman. People get married all the time for several reasons including wrong reasons like money and immigration.
Given below are 10 common reasons to get married.
10 Reasons to Get Married
There are many reasons why people get married. Given below are 10 reasons to get married.
1) Love: If you love some one you would not like to lose them. You would also want to share your life with the one you love. By marriage you are taking a lifetime commitment and responsibility to be there for your partner.
2) Social Acceptance: By getting married you are giving your relationship acceptance in the society. Marriage is the moment of truth or commitment. Many people may have been in our life but by saying the marriage vows in front of our friends and family we are proclaiming our choice of partner for the rest of your life.
3) Partnership: Marriage is about partnership and companionship where you can share the responsibilities and rely on the other person when you need support. The whole process of sharing names, wearing rings, signing forms - whatever you choose to do as part of your wedding rites - marks a transition between 'individual' and 'partnership'.
4) Legal Rights : You may not imagine you'll ever be hurt. When things go wrong it is easy to claim legal rights.
5) Security: Marriage gives a feel of security that there is someone for you who would love and care for you.
6) Raising Children: You might at some point of your life want a child. Schools, day-cares, summer camps and other organizations are very careful to let only parents or legal guardians have access to the kids. Moreover, a Child needs both the parents in the growing years. By being married, you give the kids the stability they crave growing up and form a secure base from which they can go out and meet their peers.
7) Religious Acceptance: Religions do not accept live in relationships and sex before marriage. By getting married and saying the marriage vows one gets a religious acceptance and support from community.
8) Safe Sex: It is better to have only one partner for sex.
9) Companionship: Companionship is the most wonderful thing a marriage brings in. There are a lot of good things you can do and memorable moments you can share as a couple.
10) Joint Ownership and Tax Returns: You can also buy assets and properties together once you are married without much legal hassles.
Considering all the points above, a marriage just feels right.