ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel
  • »
  • Gender and Relationships»
  • Separation & Divorce

The Best Has Yet to Come Part III

Updated on January 26, 2012

But he punched me in the gut so that I wouldn't get out of the truck..................................

We headed back home after he had given my friend the key to the hotel room and I swear it was the most longest drive of my life. The excruciating pain radiating up my left leg and now a punch to the gut. We got home and I headed straight for my car keys but he beat me to the chase. I ran downstairs and jumped in my car with no car keys and no where to go. I sat in my car for hours contemplating how my life was going to end.

At about 10pm I went back into the house because I couldn't sleep in the car and plus I had to use the bathroom. I changed my clothes, wrapped up my foot and went to bed. I woke up to loud noises in the house, it was my husband and his soldier partying it up in my house. I crawled out of my bedroom because I was no longer able to walk on my foot, and as soon as he saw me he closed his laptop so fast as if I couldn't see what the hell was going on.

He was chatting with one the girls he had slept with in Afghanistan. He just had to bring that crap in my house. I went off the deep end, I didn't care who the hell was in my house. But it was another battle I was going to lose. I looked his soldier in the eye, and he could tell that I wanted him to call the police but he turned his head and walked away.

For the next few days he took leave and stayed home to make sure that I wouldn't go to the doctors to get my leg checked out. I was held hostage in my own house for 5 days. I beg and pleaded that I go to the doctors, my foot was turning purple and I didn't know what to do. He insisted that everything was ok, and that I did not need to go to the Army hospital because he would lose his career if I went to Madigan. On the 6th day he allowed me to go to the doctors to check it out but I was only allowed to go to a civilian doctor where they wont ask me any questions.

When he finally went back to work, the next day I packed my stuff and ran away. I stayed with a friend and when they finally moved into there house they bought I moved in with them. I filed for Divorce August 15th, 2010 and it was a bitter sweet symphony. In the state of Washington you have to be legally separated for 90 days after you file for divorce in order for it to get finalized. I didnt want anything out of that marriage and all I took with me was my clothes and car and I ran without looking back. As of December 10th, 2010 I was officially free. Free of pain, Free of the Mental and Physical abuse and FREE OF HIM. The day we finalized our Divorce I literally cried for 6 hours. Till this day I don't know if those tears were tears of happiness or sadness.

But since then over one year later I have moved on with my life have a great job, great man in my life and I would have not traded it for the world. If it wasn't for my messed up marriage I wouldn't be the strong independent woman that I am today. And everyday I thank GOD that I am still alive.


    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No comments yet.