- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
The Pros and Cons of Honeymoon Registries
Read This Before You Choose a Honeymoon Registry
This year alone Honeymoon registries have increased 50% and they now account for 12% of the registry market. The appeal of a honeymoon registry is understandable. If you have no desire to receive pots and pans for your wedding, why not have your guests invest in the best vacation you will ever take? Many big companies are jumping on the honeymoon registry bandwagon and Starwood Hotels, Sandals Resorts, and Disney, now offer registry options. In addition, there are various independent companies like Honey Fund, Travelers Joy, and Honey Luna that specialize in Honeymoon Registries.
HONEYMOON REGISTRIES - THE GOOD
- Your guests can purchase things online from the comfort of their own home rather than going out to a crowded mall.
- You can typically put the money towards any part of your honeymoon such as hotel, air, activities, food, etc.
- Certain registries allow you to use the money you accumulate for anything. Essentially they act as a bank account until you either decide to take your trip or use the money towards another purchase.
- It is unique and your guests may feel better about purchasing a romantic dinner rather than a boring toaster.
HONEYMOON REGISTRIES - THE BAD
- Read the fine print! Seriously, some of these companies have astronomical fees and make false claims. If you can speak with a representative from the company over the phone, ask them to explain their fees in detail.
- Sometimes guests can perceive them as a tacky alternative to traditional gifts. The bottom line is that you have to do what is best for you as a couple and if you already have fine china, you might as well take a trip there instead!
- Some have expiration dates! This can be pretty dangerous if you and your husband or wife are procrastinators. If you are not planning on going on your honeymoon shortly after your wedding, this might not be the way to go. If you do decide to register for your honeymoon, check to make sure there are no expiration dates.
Honeymoon registries are attractive for obvious reasons but make sure that you read the fine print. Some services are better than others and you need to do a lot of research before selecting one.
- Diamond Engagement Rings at Adiamor
diamond engagement rings, engagement rings, wedding rings, loose diamonds, GIA certified diamonds, design your own engagement ring, custom design engagement ring.