- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
The Boss Crush
The "Boss Crush" is a very strange thing that can happen to almost any one, sometimes we don't even realize we have a crush on the boss until its too late. Boss crushes are common in any workplace and can cause alsorts of problems with your emotions, having worked in retail myself and experienced a boss crush I can sympathise with all of you who are going through this.
How to tell if you have a boss crush?
1. Blushing and nervous around the boss, stammars, slurring words, shaking violently, sweating.
2. Dreaming about sleeping with the boss, yet the thought can make you feel sick.
3. Sometimes hostile or angry towards the boss for no apparent reason.
4. Watching the bosses every movement.
5. Always taking an interest in every conversation with the boss, even if it does not involve you.
6. Desperate to impress the boss by anymeans such as making coffee, doing overtime etc.
7. Looking forward to working alone with the boss.
8. Frightened of being alone with the boss.
9. Unable to make eye contact with the boss.
10. When speaking to colleagues about the boss, you're always on the defensive and trying to make people believe that you don't like the boss in order that other people don't notice that you have a boss crush.
11. Afraid of being found out and exposed.
12. Always talking about the boss on your days off in almost every conversation, such as with friends or family who are in no way involved with your job, but probably do think your obsessed.
Have You Ever Experienced A Boss Crush
Frank Sinatra w. Barbara Streisand - I've Got a Crush On You
These are just some of the many forms a boss crush can take, and if you answer to even one of these you may have a boss crush. Now don't panic it is a very normal thing and has happened to almost everyone and I will explain why.
When you start working in a new job your boss is responsible for you, so they will be with you during your training, they will support you and help you and they will be like a father or mother figure to you when your at work. Now what happens is that as you are with them all the time through your journey of training, you will feel safe and content around them and you will know that if you make a mistake they will understand and help you to avoid making them in the future. It is this security we have with the boss that sometimes causes the "boss crush" and may become a very difficult process to get out of. Now a boss crush is not a sexual thing, though you may feel turned on around them, but it is in fact a lot more psycological because this stems back to when you were a child and you felt that safety when you were with you father and mother, as if nothing could harm you and you were protected by your parents and family.
Was This Hub Helpful To You?
Rod Stewart/Diana Ross- I've Got A Crush On You
That feeling of being protected is what you encounter and can cause a boss crush, sometimes it can go as fast as it came and sometimes it does not go, but there are people you can talk to such as your GP, or a counsellor and there may be some one you know who has been through the same thing. If you have access to the internet? Look up some of the stories about people with crushes on the boss and how they have dealt with it too, their stories may help you to understand what is happening and that your not going crazy, it can happen to any one.