The Dating Game: A Fun Activity for the Nerve Wracking First Date!
First dates are hard enough as it is, but if you are with someone who isn't a natural talker, the silence can be deafening. When I was in my dating days, I never had a boring first date. I always felt like life was to short to be bored (or boring) so I developed a little game to keep the conversation flowing. This worked well, especially with the quiet guys with whom I didn't think I had a lot in common. And it worked really well with people I hit it off with because we just naturally wanted to get to know each other better.You can either mention that it's a game, or not. It's totally up to you. Or you can just have these questions in the back of your mind for when the silence creeps in and there's that awkward moment when no one has anything to say. If you think you two don't have a lot in common, you can stick to the easy questions. If you like the other person and want to get to know them a bit better, go for the harder ones. Here are a group of questions that should get the conversation flowing.
* What's your favorite color?
* What's your favorite season?
* What's your favorite beverage?
* What's your favorite food?
* What's your favorite type of music?
* What's your favorite children's book?
* What's your favorite teen/adult book?
* What's your all time favorite movie?
* What's your favorite childhood memory?
* If you could live anywhere in the United States where would it be?
* If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
* Who's your best friend, and why?
* What was/is your favorite subject in school, and why?
* Who's your hero?
* What's the one thing you most hope to accomplish in your lifetime?
* Who's your favorite...depending on where you think their interests lie, it could be writer, athlete, artist, etc.
* Who was your favorite teacher and why?
* What's the craziest thing you have ever done?
* Have you ever traveled outside this country?
* If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
* What's the best vacation you have ever had?
* Where would you most like to go on vacation?
* If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
* If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have 3 things with you, what would they be?
* If a magic genie gave you 3 wishes, what would they be?
* Who in the world would you most like to trade places with for one day?
* Where would you most like to go on our second date ( this is only if things are going well!)
Good luck to you on all of your future first dates!
Would You Use This on Future First Dates?
More Articles on Relationships
- Bucket Lists For Couples
You've heard of the movie The Bucket List starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, but this article suggests ideas for making a bucket list for couples. Tips and ideas for bucket list goals are included.
- Using Each of the 5 Senses to Say I Love You to Your Special Someone
In each of the five senses there are hidden various ways to tell someone you love them. I have included a list of ideas in each category: sense of touch, sense of taste, sense of sight, sense of smell, sense of hearing.
- Romantic Gifts For Your Loved One: Give the Gift of an Experience
For Valentine's day, instead of giving a materialistic gift, give the gift of an experience.Twelve gift of experience ideas are included in this article.
- 10 Free Fun Dates For Couples
If money is tight these days and you want to spend special time with your significant other without spending a lot, check out my top 10 free dates ( well, you might have to pay for gas, but that's it!)
Want to Write for Hub Pages? Click Here to Sign up For Free!
HubPages is your online space to share your advice, reviews, useful tips, opinions and insights with hundreds of other authors. HubPages is completely free, and you can even earn online ad revenue!