ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel

The K1 Visa for the 90-day Fiance

Updated on March 7, 2016

The 90-Day fiance is a product of the American K1 Visa program. It proves that love can happen between a man and woman that live 7000 miles apart. It provides a way for the non-citizen to come to America for 90 days to get married or go back home. It is much faster than the standard way of obtaining an Immigrant visa, which is why many lovers try this.

Use the following steps to fill out the mandatory K1 F-129F form. All documents must be in English.

1. Along with payment for petition fee, include a formal cover letter, as if you are sending it to an official of some sort.

Example: [PETITIONER’S NAME] [PETITIONER’S ADDRESS] United States Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services [ADDRESS OF FILING LOCATION]


Nature of the submission: I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiancé Visa for [BENEFICIARY’S NAME], and supporting documents. Contents include:

  • Payment in the amount of $ [PUT IN CORRECT FEE]. I-129F
  • I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 34.a, explanation of meeting in person
  • G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)
  • G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)
  • Birth certificate or US Passport of Petitioner (copy all pages of passport)
  • Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary). This can fairly basic.
  • Proof of having met in person in the past two years
  • Proof of ongoing relationship - Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.


2. Filled out Form I-129F, signed and dated. All sections filled out.

3. A brief Declaration how you physically met in person in the last two years. Sign and date.

4. Original signed statements from US citizen and fiancé about their intent to marry within 90 days.

Example: Fiancé Letter of Intent

United States Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services


United States Department of State
United States Consulate, [name of country where Embassy is located]
[Embassy Address]


Dear Sir or Madam:

I, (applicant’s or beneficiary’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (petitioner’s or beneficiary’s name), and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Yours truly,

5. Provide proof you were together in the past two years. Example: Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps. Color Photo's of you and your fiance together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails.

6. Both the US Citizen and fiancé have original G-325A forms filled out. Attached a passport type photo to the form.

7. Provide birth certificate or passport copies of US citizen. Copy all pages of passport.

8. If there are any previous divorces, provide copies. The same applies for certificate of death or name changes.

9. If either has a police record, provide certified copies of all showing charges and dispositions.

10 Fill out Form G-1145 so you will receive an email notification when application was received.

Once the package is sent, you will get a notice it was received within 1-2 weeks. Then, in 3-4 months, if all is good, you will get a Notice of Approval.

After approval, send a copy petition, letters, etc., to your foreign fiancé PLUS:

1. Send a new letter of intent to marry more recently dated!

2.The US Citizen fills out the I-134 Support form and provides any, if not all, of the following:

Bank/financial institution with your deposits, identifying when account opened; total amount deposited for the past year; present balance. Date and nature of employment; salary; whether position is temporary or permanent. If Self Employed a copy of last income tax return filed.

When assets are used, the assets must equal 5 times the difference between the annual income and the needed 125% of the poverty level (this is $15,930 for two, $20,000 for three), If you do not have a job or a steady income from other sources (such as retirement income), you will likely have to get a co-sponsor for your spouse, even if your assets are adequate.

3. Send a copy of the Notice of Approval received.

4. Proof of ongoing relationship.

Send the whole packet to your fiancé, they will take them the interview when it is scheduled.

The fiancé will now schedule a medical exam in their home country at a designated spot and then get an interview at the US embassy there. Both are done through websites. This whole thing can take two months to complete.


    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No comments yet.