- Gender and Relationships»
The Love Note: The simplest, least expensive way to show your loved one that you are thinking about them.
I can't recall the first time that I ever left my husband a love note, it may have been when we were both working in restaurants and the only opportunity we had to 'talk' was via the notes we left one another by the coffee pot as we hurried in and out of each other's lives.
Years later when I traveled quite a bit for work, I would scatter notes around the house, hiding them in different locations knowing that he'd discover them during the weeks I was away.
For many people, notes have been replaced by texting and tweeting. The handwritten note is considered obsolete. I tend to disagree, knowing personally the visceral pleasure of both giving and receiving them.
- Notes can be simple expressions of love: I Love You is one of those statements you can never hear enough of.
- Notes can offer encouragement: On particularly stress filled days, it's nice to know that you have a fan supporting you.
- Some notes can be just for fun. I've left notes from our dogs asking if my husband would like to join us on a hike.
- Notes can be interactive: Leave IOU tickets for your loved one. Offer a foot rub after a long day at the office. Offer to held your child with their math homework so you'll have time to be together. Have them choose what they would like for dinner on Saturday night.
[ ] Go out for pizza
[ ] sushi
[ ] your favorite BBQ spot
[ ] Your suggestion: ____________
- Notes can give thanks: Just because you expect help around the house, doesn't mean saying "thank you' is no longer necessary. Tape a 'thank you for picking up my dry cleaning' on your loved one's steering wheel the next morning. Hang a 'thank you for picking up your room' on your son's bedroom door.
My husband takes his lunch to work. When I've made his sandwich, I like to pack a little note wishing him a great afternoon. I had a few extra sheets of paper from a recently craft project that I thought would make perfect cards. After I put on several coats of my favorite red lipstick, I gave each card a quick 'kiss' and they were ready to be delivered.
Placing cute little stickers onto your loved one's snacks is another easy way to remind them that you care. You could certainly buy AVERY label sheets and make your own fun stickers.
- Design & Papergoods by twigandthistlestore on Etsy
Printable Fruit Stickers
Buy a package of gift tags and knot them around fruit stems, as shown below.
Gift tags are a great way to leave love notes around. Write a note and lace the card through a gym bag strap of let it dangle from the rear-view mirror.
Personalized note cards are quite easy to make and need not be professionally designed. Scribble your own design onto a card and your partner, room-mate, friend or child will know that you may not be Picasso, but you undoubtedly care about them.
- Lunch Box Love Notes | Pottery Barn Kids
A great little way to brighten your child’s day, these pocket-sized cards add some extra love to lunch boxes. Each card has a fun trivia fact on one side, and a positive message on the other. 3.5" wide x 2" high
Small notes can accompany small gifts and make a powerful impact on someone. Often times it is the smallest of presents that gets the biggest of smiles.
For your caffeine lover, drop a gift card on the driver's seat for a morning cup of coffee.
Slip five dollars into your daughter's wallet for a "little something" when she walks home from school with her friends.
Leave a brownie safety wrapped in your mailbox with q simple 'thank you' for your mail lady.
There are so many fun ways to remind the people in your life that you are thinking about them. In this fast and hurried world, it's important to take a moment and enjoy these very simple pleasures.
Are you and your loved one in the habit of reading just before bedtime?
Leave a note tucked between the pages of their book so the next time they open it they'll know that you were thinking about them.