- Gender and Relationships
The New Relationship Checklist
A new love interest can easily cause a normally rational person to forget relationships require hard work if you want to have a long and an enduring one. The attention, the gifts and the new experiences can bring an excitement that has been missing for sometime in your life.
Despite all the varied emotions and sensations felt, you must remember not to be so engrossed in the relationship at the feelings level that you forget a good relationship require time and hard work to make it a success.
Here are some points for your relationship checklist:
· Keep the relationship alive and fresh – Every meeting, every minute spent in each other’s company, and every event you arrange together should be aimed at keeping the relationship alive and fresh
· Leave at the door any luggage you may be holding onto – Your new love will not wish to hear the woes of your past. Indeed it will not be helpful for them to know all the sordid details of what has happened in the past. Keep the focus on the here and now the future joys.
· Let your dressing make a impression – Of course high heels and black tie on dates may seem old fashioned – but jogging bottoms and filthy gym shoes are best left for the homely man and wife
· Be quick to forgive and forget – Pardon your new love if they forget the anniversary of your first date or you do not drink milk in your tea. Try not to be too idealistic. We all make mistakes so do not let you high standards stop a relationship from flourishing.
· Be aware the relationship may have to come to an end -It would be wrong to expect every relationship you start for it to end in marriage. That is a fairy tale story. You need to be able to quit the relationship when it is showing signs of being unhealthy or stale. If you believe there is some one out there for you then you need to break it off and move on
Successful romantic relationships can happen. The getting there may seem tedious but once you are there you will find it was a rewarding experience. Follow the checklist and see what a difference it will make!