The Promiscuous Wife
In this modern world and time of so much opportunity and secret access to infidelity plus the complex human desires and marital complications in addition to ignorance or unmindful of a true Human Values System, loose moral men and women, or husband and wife will have no problem to feed their inherent promiscuous tendencies and activities. Every where, especially in the net, you see invitations and temptations to cheat on one's spouse.
I personally know promiscuous or cheating wives while conducting a research on promiscuity and prostitution for my baby thesis in Sociology under Social Problems. I had selected 100 prostitutes and 50 wives in random and many of them were my students.
Promiscuity of wives and prostitution are considered social problems because these loathsome and irresponsible activities directly or indirectly and eventually destroy family, the children and their future and even lives as a whole. Prostitution is the oldest profession of the "below the belt" mentality of certain types of personality. Women with fairly high moral values would prefer to die in hunger and poverty if prostitution is the only way to earn a living.
I was teaching in SPCC, Balibago main campus where many young wives and girl friends of much older foreigner men ( this is how we call the sex tourists or misfit Western men who come to our country for cheap sex with pretty and young girls either for fun or for lasting relationships) live ; Balibago is the "red alert" area for cheap sex for overnight hired sex activities.
It doesn't matter what social class a woman belongs, promiscuity is a personal thing; it is the result of both upbringing and culture, and the inherent personality qualities of any human, a woman in particular.
A study in Prostitution
The title of my research was "A Comprehensive Inquiry into the Personality Set-up of the Women Working as Prostitutes in Balibago, Angeles City, 1998." The following are some of the statistical findings in my research:
1. 95% of the respondents have deep-seated poverty orientation. 5% comprised those run-away and rebellious women either to parents or husbands or lovers; they originally belonged to the middle class families
2. 30% of the respondents have high school education; 69% have elementary education and 1% either finished high school or are having some months spent in college;
3. 100% of the respondents who have been into prostitution for at least two years are either drug addicts or drug users every now and then;
4. 90% are either married or having steady boy friends with whom they remit their income daily or feed then with their income from prostitution;
5. 100% of the respondents hope to meet a foreigner who would marry them and take them to the West such as the U.S., Australia, Canada, or Europe.
A Study in Promiscuous Wives
The title of this study is " A Study on the Sociology-demographic, Moral Values and Economic Profile of Cheating Housewives in Balibago, Angeles City, 1996." There were 50 respondents in this study.
The following were some of the the findings in the research;
1. 95% of the respondents were battered housewives or perceived that their husbands were maltreating them or were also cheating on them;
2. 80% of the respondents have jobless husbands or were having no regular source of income or for those with foreigner husbands, they claimed that they were not given money according to their expectations.
3.60% of the respondents cannot resist temptations or just wanted to have fun;
4. 99% of the respondents have very low if not zero sense of Moral Values hence fearless to face the truth and leave their husbands or are experts in lying to their husbands;
5. 70% of the respondents are working either as prostitutes or as waitresses and sales girls or a student, and other other menial jobs.
One significant similarities of prostitutes and promiscuous wives is the very low if not zero sense of Moral Values and the very low self-esteem or self-value as a human being. They have commonality also in their ignorance of the true value as a human being.
Common to them is the premise, whether they are aware of it or not, that they are sex objects for men and that men can only love them if they surrender to the sexual requirements of men and that they continue to feed the sexual fantasies and whims of men. Most of them are needy for love and attention of men so that they feel more beautiful, loved and needed whenever a man would show them interests and attention especially through lavish gifts and money.
These women have a deep sense of belief to equate sex to love so that when their husbands or lovers do not anymore satisfy their sexual urges like they used to have in the earlier parts of the relationship they would be convinced that their husbands do not love them as much anymore. For them, a new sex mate is always more satisfactory and exciting than their "old man".
These are just some of the findings; there are a lot more to be said about promiscuity especially in the personality type of a woman and the culture of a given society where she belongs.
Some men, if not many, won't mind that their wives are promiscuous; some of them in fact promiscuous wives if the wives will just remember to come home to him. These all depend in the culture where these couples belong.
But for men with high integrity and high Moral Values, infidelity is abomination to them and loyalty to the marriage vows is of utmost importance. This works vice versa between couples.