The Tastes, Aroma’s, And People From My Life . . .
Please Know That
my summary (above) is far from complete. If it were, this hub would take (at least) six installments. The truth is, I just wanted to share (this part) of myself and show you the like’s that have helped to shape my personality. Of course, your list may be a lot different and that is fine. No one ever has identical like’s or dislike’s—that’s what makes us human.
Whether it’s a mental list or a written list on paper, we all, mostly, have formed our own lists over the years, and mostly secret for no one to see. Except this one. Honestly, I edited, wrote, and rewrote this one hub a number of times because when I finished the first draft, an entire list of new items from my life would pop-up and I did not want to disregard them . . .so at last, this list is the third one, and hopefully, the last one. (well, until my life changes and other things that I like or dislike surfaces.)
Here Are a Few of The Examples That I'm Talking About . . .
This Sound And Aroma Makes Saturday Mornings Special:
- The aroma of bacon frying in the kitchen--as you wake-up on a Saturday morning and you have the day off.
- Your favorite foods that you enjoy on your birthday--cooked by your favorite grandmother.
- A gentle rain that is falling on the tin roof.
- The love of your favorite dog or cat.
- If you are a single guy, when a gorgeous brunette walks by and you realize that angels love to wear high heels and then you know that she has just broken your heart.
- When you know that on your third date with this pretty girl/handsome guy, that he/she is THE ONE whom you want to love and spend your life with--and means it.
- The son or daughter has a desire to enlist for the Military.
- When you know that that same date says, YES, to your proposal of marriage.
- When your companion is able to look over your shortcomings . . .and loves you anyway.
- The birth of your first, second, and third child. (and you thought that one child would be enough.)
- The over-due visit from a special uncle or aunt, and that coming on Christmas Day.
- Speaking of holidays, the feeling of celebrating our nation's freedom with the entire block's 4th of July Celebration.
- When your children do not ask to go Trick or Treating, but rather ask you to drive them so they can GIVE-OUT candy, clothing, or money for a meal for the under-privileged.
- When your child gets accepted to the college that they applied for.
- That same child (in four years) graduates with a B.S. Degree.
- That same child (when they were teenagers) never had a Criminal Record.
- The taste from that first taste of vanilla ice cream cone on a hot day of summer
The son or daughter has a desire to enlist for the Military.
- That same son or daughter returns home after a successful tour from the Military.
- When neighbors and friends say, "thank you for your service," to the son or daughter years after they return home.
- When our Standing President (of the U.S.A.) passes a law when NO ONE complains or condemns him/her for the legislation.
- When our local police and the area that they serve . . .are all in peace one with another.
- When new neighbors are not of the same race or nationality, but you love them anyway.
May I ask you: Did any of these things touch your memories? You may leave them in my Comment Box below, because I would love to read them.
June 5, 2019_________________________________________________________
A Special Salute To Brunettes.
© 2019 Kenneth Avery