- Gender and Relationships
Those Perfect Moments - learning through life experiences.
What do you consider a perfect moment in life?
What do your life experiences
Life Coaching is asking powerful questions and learning from them.
Let me ask you a couple more: What are you learning right now in your life? What transitions have taken place recently? How are the transitions and changes in your life impacting you?
What is Life coaching
Life coaching involves asking powerful questions. Questions that ask for a deeper answer then first expected. Life coaching to me is grasping an understanding of what's happening in our lives. Learning to glean from life experiences is the greatest teacher.
So let me ask you; What do you consider a perfect moment, and what did it teach you?
Whispering inside my head is the perfect moment.
You may know what I mean. Waiting inside all of us is that unshakable desire to live in the perfect moment. Wondering what it will look like, wondering where it will take us.
Windy thoughts like this one are what I like to spend time thinking about.
It's in relaxed moments of reflection that i always wonder back to this thought, what if they are intended just for a moment
because any more than that and they would be too much. Or conversely they would be too little because we wouldn't stop to notice.
I've had several moments that didn't last forever and I'm so glad I lived them but only for a moment, let me name just a few in no particular order:
- Watching my children born: the pain, the intensity in the air, the smells, watching my wife cry as they crowned, the panic, the joy, the worry, the doubt, the first cry.
- Watching my oldest daughter walk down the aisle: her breathless appearance, the silence from the crowd, the flashes of memories of her life, the flashes of memories yet to come, forgetting to breath, the words leaving my mouth "you may now kiss the bride".
- Our son Adam dying in a miscarriage. The anguish, the blood, the small lifeless body, days of hunger not even being a thought, the loss of what never was, getting back up.
- Holding my wife and feeling like there wasn't two people, breathing the same, laughing the same, blinking the same.
- Watching dolphins swim on a surf on fire with the sunset. Rhythmic, silent, ancient.
Little moments of perfect jazziness... moments that you don't want to last forever because they are too big and amazing to live more than once. These are the moments I eat like candy. These are the moments so rich with emotion and full of vivid reality they are the standard of other emotions. These are the perfect moments I love and live for... and sometimes wait for.
How about you? What are your perfect moments? Do you long for them too?