- Gender and Relationships»
- Dating & Online Dating
Signs That It Is Time To End A Relationship
Be it lover or friend, its no secret that relationships can be tricky. No relationship is perfect, but it is important to know when you are in a particularly bad one, so that it can be corrected or even put to an end.
Typically people end up in multiple unhealthy relationships throughout a lifetime. Most relationships start off great, but many often turn sour. People change, at least to some degree, over time. Priorities and lifestyles may change affecting the relationship negatively. Many people just simply grow apart and when this happens sometimes one or both persons may attempt to save or restore the relationship. More times then not this just leads to denial and prolonging the inevitable.
Signs of a unhealthy relationship
It may be an unhealthy relationship if...
- Their are trust or jealousy issues.
- You feel like your just going through the motions,
- Their is a lack of equality or fairness.
- One is controlling of the other.
- One makes the other feel bad about themselves.
- Disagreements are not settled fairly.
- One does not respect the other person or their feelings.
- One is verbally abusive and always putting down the other.
Signs of a healthy relationship
You may have a healthy relationship if...
- You both trust each other.
- You both support each other.
- You both can communicate freely and with fear of ridicule.
- You take interest in each others lives.
- You do not have to worry about violence in the relationship
- You are able to express yourself without having to worry about consequences.
- You can resolve your conflicts fairly.
Questions to ask yourself
- Do you both respect each other as individuals?
- Are you afraid of being single? - Is the reason your staying in the relationship, caused by a fear of being alone?
- Can you love the other person in a manner of which they deserve?
- What does the relationship add to your quality of life?
- How do you feel when you are with the other person?
- Is the relationship controlling or abusive?
- In your relationship can you be yourself?
To better visualize whether or not a relationship is worth wild, it may be a great idea to actually write a list of the relationship pros and cons. If the pros out way the cons then the relationship just may be worth saving, and vise versa.
Be realistic when it comes to whether or not a relationship is worth saving.
Seek help if your relationship is abusive, and or you are fearful for your safety or the safety of others.