Five Signs That You're In Love
How do you know when you're in love? What are the signs that what you're feeling is worth holding onto? Only you can decide that for yourself, but these tips on how to know you are in love might help!
Are there any tests available to tell you if you are in love? Yes and no. Many magazines and websites have articles and quizzes to help you get a sense of whether or not you are in love, but they don't have all the answers. You and the person you are involved with are unique individuals. Your relationship is probably quite complex and there are certain things that the two of you do and say to one another that are specific to you. Still, knowing a bit more about some of the more positive aspects of true love can guide you as you move forward in your romantic union.
There are many ways to know if you are in love. But since we are all unique individuals with different backgrounds, preferences, and personalities, the things that you believe are signs of love might be different from someone else's experience. But if you want to know if you are in love, here are five clues to get you started on your journey of romantic self-discovery.
1. You are prepared to be honest and open with your new partner. When you are in love, the idea of being open and honest with your lover about your dreams and desires, fears and failings, doesn’t feel scary. At the same time, you know that you don’t need to tell your partner everything about yourself, all at once in order to feel like you have emotional intimacy. Being in love means being able to let things unfold between the two of you naturally. There’s no need to expect each other to share intimate details about themselves just to feel close. Love isn’t about demanding that someone share things with you just so that you can know if what’s going on between the two of you is true love.
2. You are not in a hurry to move this relationship forward. Being in love is about staying in the present moment. Worries about the past and jitters about the future melt away and the only thing that really matters when you are in love is the present moment. That’s why one of the best signs that you are in love is that you don’t feel the need to rush things. You are happy just enjoying things in the here and now.
3. Being with this person makes all the good things in your life even better. True love is an enhancement to your life, not a panacea. True love isn’t meant to fix all the things that you think are wrong with your life. True love makes what is working in your life even better, while making the not-so-great things a little easier to get through.
4. You don’t care what other people think about your partner. Do you worry about whether or not other people know you are in love? Do you worry about your friends and family members accepting and loving this new person in your life as much as you love him? Are you OK with other people not seeing all the wonderful things that you see in him?
5. You see your partner’s flaws as they are without feeling the need to fix them. True love is all about acceptance. If you notice things about your partner that annoy you and make you want to curb particular habits, that may be a sign that you are not in love. It’s not unusual to be irritated by certain things that your partner says or does—we’re only human, after all. What irritates you about the things he does is all about you, and not about him. That’s why it’s not fair to try to want someone to change who they are in order to please you.
One of the best signs that you are in love is that you know real relationships take patience, energy, and commitment. And that doesn’t scare you. You are ready to do what it takes to keep love alive and thriving in your relationship. You know that being in love is just one aspect of keeping your relationship strong and intact. Friendship, physical attraction, respect, honesty, and sexual chemistry are very important aspects of a strong love relationship.
Which of these quotes on love describes how you feel in your current relationship?
For more tips on finding out if he is your soul mate, read Finding Your Soul Mate: Top 5 Signs That He's the One For You!
One of the best ways to know if you are in love and have found the right person is to understand the signs of an unhealthy relationship. By recognizing the signs of a bad relationship, you may be able to protect yourself from grief and heartbreak down the road. For more tips in seeing the warning signs of a bad relationship, read Recognizing the Signs of a Bad Relationship.
© 2014 Sadie Holloway