80 Ways to Say "I Love You." - for Him and Her.
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, both are infinite.
Keeping The Love Alive
Being in a healthy, loving, relationship is an incredible feeling. Love is absolutely essential for us to live a life of happiness.
In any relationship, both parties need to be reminded of how much they are loved. The longer the relationship, whether it's marriage, living together or dating, the more important it is to come up with fresh ideas for saying "I Love You".
Now, if you are the kind of person who has a hard time saying these three words, you may want to do some practicing until you get it right. Women, especially need and deserve to hear these words.
There are endless ways to show love without actually saying "I Love You". So let's get started with a helpful list of top great ways to say "I Love You."
33 Great Ways to Show Him Your Love
He needs to feel important to you. Express this sentiment to him often. Keep the love alive by using some or all of the following tips:
- Care about what has happened in his day. Take a minute or more to show that you are sincerely interested. Ask questions, but not too many.
- Pretend to think his old car is awesome.
- Make him laugh. Share a joke or funny anecdote, or just be your funny self.
- Take him out to dinner. Treat him to his favorite restaurant.
- Listen. Avoid interrupting him or giving him advice.
- Tell him what is wrong. He deserves to know what's bugging you. Share your feelings then thank him for listening.
- Run an errand he hates to do without complaining about it.
- Laugh at the jokes you've heard 25 times.
- Believe in him.
- Write the words "I Love You" on the steamy mirror when he's in the shower.
- Buy yourself something sexy for him.
- Give him a Saturday off. No "honey-do's".
- Buy him that "toy" he wants.
- Let him have "the guys" over and prepare some refreshments.
- Laugh with him, not at him.
- Clean out his car.
- Buy his favorite ice cream instead of yours.
- Leave a love note in a pocket of his pants.
- Buy him his favorite candy.
- Let him choose a television show.
- Buy him a CD of his favorite music.
- Share his dreams.
- Hold his hand.
- Massage his neck and back.
- Make him breakfast in bed.
- Compliment him on how nice he looks.
- Warm his bath towel for him.
- Buy him a bottle of his favorite cologne.
- Give him a manicure.
- Bake his favorite dessert.
- Give him "space" when he needs it.
- Try not to "nag' him.
- Forgive him.
32 Clever Ways For Men To Say "I Love You"
Research reveals that it's not as easy to say these words as it is for women.
So here are a few tips to get you started:Read her poetry.
- Warm up the car for her on cold mornings.
- Hold her hand.
- Be understanding.
- Let her cry.
- Remember your anniversary.
- Make her dinner.
- Water her plants.
- Take out the garbage without being asked.
- Take her car to the car wash.
- Put the toilet seat down.
- Don't mention her weight gain.
- Compliment her on how she looks.
- Let her sleep late.
- Let her go out with her friends.
- Make the morning coffee/tea.
- Clean the floor.
- Rub her feet.
- Go shopping with her (even when you don't want to.)
- Make her a special card to show her you love her.
- Write "I love you" on a post note and stick it on the refrigerator.
- Say You are sorry.
- Pray with her.
- Watch her favorite show instead of yours.
- Forget the TV and turn out all the lights and just cuddle together.
- Slip her favorite candy into her purse.
- Clean the kitchen.
- Tell her how glad you are to be a part of her.
- Be her best friend.
- Send her flowers for no reason.
- Prepare a scented bubble bath and add a few drops of essential oil.
Keeping Love Alive and Fresh
Grow old with me. The best is yet to be.
15 Romantic Ways To Spend Time Together
Being spontaneous can be an exciting way to say I Love You when you're together. Going somewhere different, exploring new places - just being together and concentrating on each other. Here a just a few suggestions to help make your time together special.
- Go for long walks together
- Lie on the floor together in front of a roaring fire.
- Just sit and hold each other
- Sing together
- Make a date for lunch
- Share a juicy red apple
- Do something silly and just be you
- Hold hands in public
- Share breakfast in bed
- Go on a picnic
- Take a bicycle ride
- Visit a spa and treat yourselves to a "couple massage"
- Watch the moon (sky) together and gaze at the stars
- Go on a date frequently
- Staying two separate people enriches you both, and makes your sharing all the more meaningful. At the same time, sharing time, intimacy, spaces, money and more, keep marriages and relationships strong.
Above all - when you are with him/her be there fully. Allow your heart, mind, and body to focus on your partner. Be a good, dedicated listener. Avoid "self-hogging" at all cost. It's not just about you during this time together.
We live in a continuous fear of being hurt. We dig up the past. This does nothing for relationships. It only creates unwanted and un-needed drama.
Fear is full of conditions but love is unconditional. Fear is unkind but love is always kind.
Starting now, let every action, every reaction, every thought and every emotion be based on love.
9 Beautiful Love Quotes
There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.
~ Mother Teresa
Love cannot endure indifference. It needs to be wanted. Like a lamp, it needs to be fed out of the oil of another's heart, or its flame burns low.
~ Henry Ward Beecher
You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived, are the moments when you have done things in a spirit of love.
~ Henry Drummond
All love that has not friendship for its base,
is like a mansion built upon the sand.
~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox
The only gift is a portion of thyself.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
The best portion of a good man's life,
His little, nameless, unremembered acts,
Of kindness and of love.
~ William Wordsworth
Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not
in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.
~ Leo Buscaglia
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.
~ Lao Tzu
Love grows by giving. The love we give away is the only love we keep. The only way to retain love is to give it away.
~ Elbert Hubbard
How often do you tell him/her "I love you."
Conclusion: Love Needs Daily Exercise
We exercise our bodies and our minds. But how often do we exercise love? It isn't always easy to love others. We become wrapped up in our own egos, feelings, preferences. Love requires the following:
- Really listening without interrupting. Reflect what the other person is saying.
- Forgiveness. To forgive a person who has hurt you can be a tough requirement but it is absolutely necessary.
- Showing compassion and understanding.
- Remember, the other person is a child of God, just as you are.
- Show and be respectful, ALWAYS.
- Controlling your ego.
- Laugh. A sense of humor can heal.
- Exercise patience in all ways.
- Choose to do the right thing.
- Let go of anger and all negativity. It blocks the ability to love.
You have control over three things:
- What you think
- What you say
- How you behave
To increase your love and change your life, you must recognize these gifts are the most powerful tools you possess in shaping the form of your life.
© 2010 Audrey Hunt