- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Unique and Unusual Bridal Shower Ideas
Bridal Showers have been the part of celebrating a bride's up and coming nuptials for hundreds of years. Bridal showers have always been about the gift giving, the trendy games, and fancy finger foods.
Where bachelorette parties are usually “friends-only” and sometimes go the extreme in celebration, bridal parties are traditionally attended by mother-in-laws, great aunts, cousins, members of the bridal party, and every friend imaginable. Therefore, when planning a bridal shower, you need to remember that everyone who is attending will feel comfortable, relaxed and have a good time!
With this in mind, your primary goal is to focus on the bride, of course! Make sure that the bride is relaxed, well rested, and ready to enjoy an afternoon or evening with those whom she loves. If you want to spare her from a boring shower of traditional riffraff, then try planning one of these bridal showers. These shower ideas are geared for all those who attend, so there should never be any awkwardness.
#1 Spa Shower
We all know how stressful planning a wedding can be. From the bride herself, to the mothers, the bridesmaids and even the planner will need a little stress release as it gets closer to the big day.
What a perfect way to help keep “the calm” with a Spa Shower!
Start by locating a home or room for rent that has a relaxing atmosphere with plants, soft lighting, and comfortable seating.
Rearrange the room into 6 areas:
- Foot Bath
- Facials and Makeup
- Chair Massage
- Manicure Station
- Potpourri Table
Create a foot bath circle with three or four chairs and foot pails. Have an elixir, "Sweet Vanilla Heaven Milk Bath" pre-mixed in a bowl with a scoop for the ladies to add to their water. With the foot baths formed in a circle, this way the ladies can sit and talk while enjoying an aromatherapy soak.
- Another station might include a 2 or 3 makeup artists to give facials and makeovers to your ladies and help them with makeup and hair suggestions for the wedding. You can go online and find recipes for facials and aromatherapy elixirs that can be done at home.
- Hire two or three masseuses to do chair massages on your guests.Nothing beats a great shoulder massage to reduce the tension and stress.
- Have 2 or 3 tables prepared where you have hired manicurists waiting to pamper your guests with hand massages and manicures.
- Create a fragrant table with different potpourri mixtures in several large bowls with scoops, several bottles of essential oils and fabric bags with ties, and several small mixing bowls. Have the women create their own potpourri bag by choosing their favorite potpourri mix and placing it into a smaller bowl, add their favorite oils and mix it in the bowls and finally scooping their mix into their bags. It makes a beautiful take home gift.
- To finish off the ambiance, have a finger food table with light, refreshing hors d'oeuvres and sparkling faerie water.
#2 Garden Shower
A garden shower is a great time to enjoy the outdoors with your bride-to-be.
Garden parties can be applied with two different themes:
1. With an air of refinement, it’s the perfect time to wear your best sundress and favorite oversized hat with feathers and silk complete with white gloves and oversized jewelry. (Just like playing dress-up for adults)
- Have a contest for the craziest hat
2. Gardener brides have a long wish list for garden supplies such as rare flower bulbs, her favorite seeds or starter plants, and gardening implements.
- Instead of dressing up with frilly attire, have the shower at the bride’s home (if she has one at that time) and come in jeans and t-shirts and prepare to get dirty by helping her pull weeds, plant a flower or vegetable garden, and mow the lawn. The bride will be ever so thankful that you were instrumental in helping her get closer to her dream garden.
- Have sandwich fixin’s and a refreshing iced tea for lunch.
#3 Foodie Shower
If the bride-to-be loves to cook, surprise her with a Foodie Shower! Make arrangements to have her shower at her favorite restaurant during the morning or afternoon when it is the least busy. Ask if you can arrange a cooking lesson with the head chef to make her favorite dish. Perhaps it would be her favorite salad and how to prepare it correctly, or how to roll sushi, or the correct way to sauté a skillet steak.
After the cooking lesson, proceed with lunch and present the bride with all kinds of unique kitchen gifts. Those that she would normally not buy for herself, however will light up like a Christmas tree when she see’s all the wonderful gadgets gifted to her.
Some gift suggestions might include a wok, or an omelet pan with the highest grade steel, sushi mats, or a complete set of stainless steel whisks.
Was this Hub Helpful?
Did this hub start your wheels turning or would you like a few more ideas?
You might enjoy these additional hubs by Rustic Living
- How to Plan a Great Date With Very Little Money
Planning a great date with very little money may take a lot of imagination, but it can be done.
- Valentine's Day: Planning Ahead
Planning ahead for Valentine's Day can save you time and money. With a well thought out plan, you can create a romantic day for your
- Real Men Make Waffles ~Valentines Breakfast Ideas
About the Author
Lisa has directed and acted in musical theatre for nearly 30 years. Her musical upbringing allowed her to pursue her career in teaching and directing and continues to direct shows today. As the owner of 2 online Home Décor sites, Lisa’s passion for Rustic Living all begins with her love for the home, outdoors, and her many hobbies. Lisa loves to laugh, and she share’s that love through her comedic hubs centered on her MOM. Lisa’s passions include writing, directing, acting, photography, singing, cooking, crafts, gardening, and home improvement, including decorating. Lisa also writes under her penned name, Elizabeth Rayen.
If you have a passion for writing and would like to earn money by writing for Hub Pages, Join today ~ It's Fast, Easy, & FREE!