"Mira, si esta es Juanito" ("Look this is Juanito") were the words of the old blind lady as she touched each inch of my arms gently, and squeezed. Juan was my father's name. Juanito would be the expected name for a son, but he had three girls. I can still hear my cousins laughing at me then. It became a joke for them. For me it was like a medal on my chest.
My father loved us but he left this world with the desire of having a son. I tried my best to demonstrate that we, women, can do everything a man can do. Now that I am mature...I admit that I was wrong. We are not the same; and we will never be the same. I stopped singing "Everything you can do, I can do better". I have learned throughout the years that the war against person-hood is destroying true nature in the coming generations.
I love being a woman and I admire manhood.
Feminism is alright up to certain extent. Advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men is alright, as it should be to each human being having unconsidered culture, gender, nationality, etc.
The fact is that we are different by nature. we are created all as God's image in our spiritual condition, but in our flesh it is obvious the difference. We were created for different purposes. Trying to struggle with our natural condition may affect our emotional welfare.
Many feminists have had to grab the position of manhood since many men just do not want to stand firmly with it. Elizabeth Elliot quoted:
"Stand true to your calling to be a man. Real women will always be reveled and grateful when men are willing to be men".
The "man" I am making reference to in this hub is the gentleman referred to as the adult human being who is biologically male, as distinguished from a boy or a woman.
A large perception about manhood has arisen. I was talking to my aunt and I asked her: "Whatever happened to manhood?" The qualities of being man that distinguish them from us, females. Misconceptions have given birth to the representation of manhood as days pass by. It is the same irresponsible stereotypes of attitudes and aptitudes within human beings. Wrong or false expectations. Anyway, the truth is that a man is a man.
Human beings ought to have some pride to a certain level. Manhood is not having a strong or exaggerated sense of power or the right to dominate. Manhood is not to be denoting or exhibiting a high level of pride in characteristics believed to be typically masculine, such as physical strength, sexual appetite, etc. Manhood is neither attracted to members of the same sex.
The misconceptions and mislead concepts are part of our own choices in name of the liberty we perform. It is not God's will for us, but in our freedom we choose what we want. God is a complete gentleman, this for sure is one of the reasons why we are created in His image. Look what is written in the Bible, the Word of God for us to stay on track for our own living joy. Cause and effect:
- 24Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.
- 25 For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
- 26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,
- 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
1 Corinthians 6
- 9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
- 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."
A man is a man, is a man.
In despite of choices we are to love one another
Obvious physical similarities and differences
Ten emotive differences between man and woman
analytic / sequential thinking
What is manhood then?
We cannot cover the sun with our hand. Men and women are different in ways nature declares them. Those that swim against the current are not always wise. There is a permanent fact of creation which defines manhood: Differentiated roles were corrupted, not created, by the fall. They were created by God. Men and women fulfill different roles in relation to each other. A man is a permanent leader not culturally stated. The marks of manhood are:
- Spiritual maturity to lead a wife and children
- Personal maturity to be a responsible husband and father
- Economic maturity to hold an adult job and manage money
- Physical maturity to work and protect a family
- Sexual maturity to marry and fulfill God's purposes
- Moral maturity to lead as example of righteousness
- Ethical maturity to make responsible decisions
- World-view maturity to understand what is really important
- Relational maturity to understand and respect others
- Social maturity to make a contribution to society
- Verbal maturity to communicate and articulate as a man
- Character maturity to demonstrate character under fire
- Biblical maturity to lead at some level in the church
Humanity One World
Manhood for the next generation, let's start now
A man is a man, is a man.
Let's help lead this next generation to a real manhood. One person at the time leads to a better world. There is hope for all
2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come."
Blessings to all!
© Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill
The Next Generation of Manhood
© 2013 Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill