- Gender and Relationships
Waiting For Prince Charming
Yes…. I can see him through the mist….. riding on a black shiny horse in his robe….. with his dark eyes lowering over my face…… he’s coming towards me…… and then….then…… Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
It was a dream.
We all girls have grown up reading about how Cinderella went through tougher times and then finally found her prince charming. Be it Rupanzel, Snow White , Jane , Elizabeth (only ones i can remember as of now) , they have all shown us a dream of staying with the most perfect guy on planet earth. But does such a guy even exist???
For all my single felicities, you must be eagerly waiting for him to cross you on a street, or you might drop your cherry white handkerchief or your scented scarf, he might pick it up and Boooom!!!!!-The cupid strikes in. You might meet him in a mart, your favorite guitar classes or your first day at high school or college. Chances are less, but my fingers are crossed.
Half of you must be in a relationship and still searching for the person with the right blend of attributes, just like your own perfect cup of coffee. Some of you must have found him, thumbs up!!!!( you can still continue with the article). I’m really happy for all those who are totally satisfied with their relationship. But for the unhappy partners or the ones still in search (single), just go through the following checkpoints, these are surely going to help you.
- Stop being anxious. Just by getting impatient or restless, he’s not going to turn up. All you’ve got to do is wait for the right time.
- Do what you have always wanted to do. Travel to the mountains, breathe the fresh air, cycle in the rain, cook your favorite recipes or just head for a shopping spree. Take some ‘ME’ time out. Realize what you are, who you are, what is your temperament- are you soft or strong-what you like- are you hurt-are you ecstatic-what you want do in life-where do you see yourself in 10 years from now?
- Look around you. Do you find certain people in your life who deserve your attention but you have neglected them? It is time for those special people. Your parents, cousins, friends, grandparents and special acquaintances.These are the people who have stayed with you through troubled waters.
- Don’t neglect that special friend or guy in your life. Sometimes we keep looking for our prince charming but never pay attention to the most caring and loving companion we have. Yes he might be odd or has strange habits, but at the end of the day he is the one you can share your feelings with, even the deepest ones.
- I know we are single, desperately waiting for the right guy who is going to sweep us off our feet, yet we need to remember that this time will never come back and we need to cherish even the tiniest of things in our lives. Live in today. Point 2 is a must for you.
- Learn to accept yourself the way you are. You are the Goddess Divine, the true essence of love and compassion.
We have always wanted our very own Mr. Darcy, but think for once- No Guy Is Perfect. He is way different from what you have imagined, sometimes he is untidy or too proud to make a mistake, the perfectionist or the not so perfect, he will surely be the center of your life. Just be patient. Don’t lose a person for your own ‘perfect guy’ checklist. See through his eyes, how deeply and truly he cares for you-how lucky you are. And for girls like me who are single, keep your glass slipper ready ;) your foot might fit in. So are you waiting for the Prince Charming??