- Gender and Relationships
Creating wedding websites has become a popular thing to do today. That's because it's easily accessible to friends and family far away and it's often free! There are a ton of websites that offer free wedding website services, but it's difficult to stick out on the internet because there are literally millions of couples on wedding websites. And although the free website services are nice, the paying wedding websites often have more services and options available.
The Purpose of a Personal Wedding Website
There are a ton of benefits to creating your own wedding website which is probably why everyone seems to be doing it. Here are some of the popular reasons for creating your own wedding website:
- Introduces yourselves!
- Is a great way to keep your wedding details organized
- Is an easy way for friends and family to see all the details
- You can upload photos, videos and stories to keep your audience in the loop
- Guests can often write in a guest book which can be entertaining to see.
- There are a bunch of ways to keep guests entertained (Polls, comments, pictures, etc)
- You can link directly to your gift registries
- It is a way to create and develop many wedding memories that cannot be measured
- Saves money by having guests RSVP online rather than via mail (you don't have to put postage on RSVP cards...they can simply respond on your website.)
- Informs guests of dress code, wedding location, bridal party, travel accommodations and other important wedding details.
Where to Find Wedding Websites
Because of the popularity of wedding websites, finding a place to create a custom website is quite easy.
Wedding Orchid offers some of the best wedding website designs on the internet. They have a plethora of options to truly make a one-of-a-kind wedding website. You can share local weather of the wedding location, create customized RSVPs, send wedding updates to guest list and have music on your site.
The Knot also offers some great features for their two wedding website packages. They have one type that is free and one that is paid, but both have some powerful options to customize a wedding website that is as unique as you are.
A ton of other websites offer free wedding website creation, including ewedding.com, weddingwindow.com, elegantweddingwebsites.com and others.
Wedding Websites - Paid or Free?
At this point you might be wondering which option is best for you. Should you choose to create a wedding website that's free or do you want to go with one that costs money?
There are pros and cons to both options and choosing between one or the other comes down to personal preference.
The primary benefit of free wedding websites is that they are free. The primary benefits of paid wedding websites are:
- No advertisements are shown
- You (often) have a ton of extra options to further customize your site
If you still aren't sure, try signing up for a paid service because they often have a trial period where you don't have to pay in the beginning. If you decide you don't really like it, you can always cancel it without having to pay.